IGNORED

So I hit a ProV1 !

Note: This thread is 5850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Titleist NXTs are quite accurate, not the same but mostly

????? not quite sure what you mean here.

Unless you are hitting from closely mown fairways and are able to hit the ball in exactly the right spot, there is no advantage in using a ProV1. It will only spin back if it is compressed against the ground and - let's face it - unless you're beyond the hole, who needs it to? You will not sink more putts because you're using a Pro V1 and you certainly won't get any more distance. The NXT is a fine ball that spins back more than most others - but again - so what? Many middle to higher handicappers do not fly it past the flag regularly, so don't be overly concerned. Let me say that a certain Greg Norman would have a few more items in his trophy cabinet if he had used a ball that didn't spin back as much.

i bought some cheap used ProV1s from lostgolfballs and was VERY PLEASED, bought about 8-10 dozen from them, the BEST

The proV1s do feel different and i like the softness, but the NXT tours may be worth a shot..

In my Xtreme II carry bag:

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood
Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 3i CG Gold Graphite Irons (4-PW) 52* CG14 wedge Vokey 56* Sand Wedge Vokey 60* Lob Wedge 33" Newport

you can buy them but i personally think that it is more fun to find the "diamond in the rough"

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I play NXT tours and I like them quite much. The pro V1's do noticably spin more for me, but not enough to shell out 10 or 12 more bucks a dozen. The NXT is closer to the prov1x than the prov1. TBH, i think the NXT tour and the prov1x are the same ball.

The biggest difference between the NXT and prov1 is the that covers are harder on teh NXT, which means they are more durable, go a little farther off the tee, and dont scuff as easily. While on the other hand, ive practically totaled pro v1's with one swing of a gap wedge.

The bridgestone e5 is also a comparable ball to the NXT, but much cheaper. I would recommend that ball to anyone and im thinking about switching to them full time myself..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

That's not settling. It's a great ball. Can't tell me the Pro Vs are 15 dollars per dozen better.

the Pro Vs are 15 dollars per dozen better

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

Yeah dude, Pro V1 has more spin that the Pro Vx, unfortunatley its 45$ a dozen but those balls shave like 3 strokes a round.

Thats All I play baby, Pro v1 high numbers.

In my bag:

Driver: Callaway FT-5 Tour (Neutral)
Woods: Taylor Made r7 3 Wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged
Wedges: 52 degree Vokey, 56 Vokey Spin Milled, 60 Vokey Spin Milled
Putter: Odyssey White Hot
Balls: Pro V1

THe main difference between the ProV (and the main reason that pros play it) and say a NXT is the difference in spin. The difference in spin is greatest(or more accurately, more noticeable) on short shots around the green though. The primary reason the pros use this ball is that is spins quite a bit more than an NXT when you are chipping which is very useful on the lightning fast greens they play. In other words the average golfer is MUCH better off with a NXT(yes this means playing a lower, longer rolling chips shots, but that is actually much more reliable for the average golfer anyway). So there are the reasons the pros play the ProV. Unless you are below a 10 handicap stick with the NXT(save the money, and play the more reliable short game shots plus you should the hit the ball further also).

Prov's can take strokes off your game. I would recomend buying new ones though. Ebay is loaded with cheap logo new ones.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Now that I have my driver sorted out I only loose 1 or 2 a round. Usually in plain sight (close to the edge of the fairway in rough) but for the sake of speed I don't look for more then 1 minute or so. I take my penalty and move on to keep pace.

What penalty would that be?

How can walking back to the tee and hitting another one help keep the pace of play? Are you telling us that you hit a provisional when your drive is close to the edge of the fairway? In other words - your scores are not what you thaink they are.

I take a 2 shot penalty drop a ball and play. These are casual rounds and like I said, pace of play is important to me.

If your were behind me would you want me to walk back, look for a $1.00 ball for 10 minutes or move on?
What penalty would that be?

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i feel most normal golfers doesnt make full use of ProV1 capability (but hey, i could be wrong)

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

I normally use a hard ball usually the Cally Warbird. Good distance but no feel and forget stopping it at all. However, lately my driving has gotten a lot straighter so I played half a round w/a PV1 that I had found. My distance off the tee was a little less especially w/any mishit drive. However, if my distance was too the pin the PV1 stopped. I'm not talking pro back up spin but maybe one hop and just a little roll out. Much better than the hard ball where the roll out is 10 or 12 feet or more. I love the PV1 but like other just can't see paying the price right now. I may try some the balls mentioned above just to see how I hit them.

I've got to say, the e5's & e6's are like rocks to hit. If you are going bridgestone balls you should try the B330s, it's a great ball very simmilar to the Pro V1 and alot cheaper. Also you can pick up some great deals of eBay on Pro V1's for some AA grade balls (AAA grade is the best)

Note: This thread is 5850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!