IGNORED

X7's vs. Project X 7.0's

Have any of you guys played both these iron shafts? I currently use the project x 7.0's but I'm thinking of getting new irons and may change shafts. Have high swing speeds obviously and need something similar. Always heard the x7's were comparable. 

• Administrator

What did you find at a fitting? Have you gone to one and tested both shafts out? The combo of shaft and head will matter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

58 minutes ago, iacas said:

What did you find at a fitting? Have you gone to one and tested both shafts out? The combo of shaft and head will matter.

Only time I was fitted was back in 2013 but those shafts/driver etc don't work for me anymore. Actually the only time I went back and hit on a monitor with my old KBS shafts my 7 iron spin was over 10k. So I switched to project x 7.0 shafts on my own feeling and my ball flight stopped ballooning immediately. I like these shafts alot actually. My current irons are Callaway X hot Pro's and I just want to switch to something newer and wouldn't mind trying the X7's for comparison sake. Problem is none of the fitters have these shafts in stock to just try out. For reference I can go over 140 mph on driver speed so most things in stock do me no good. 

• 4 weeks later...