IGNORED

For you Adult Golfers

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 5815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you mind/enjoy playing with junior golfers

• No, not at all
    • No, as long as they can play golf
    • No, i relish watching the future talent mature
    • Yes, it ruins the round
    • Yes, it is an added distraction
    • Dont Mind

I have a question for you adult golfers, when i turn up for a competition i often see my proposed playing partners faces groan when they see i am A JUNIOR MEMBER!!!!!!

I'm sure that most of us who are parents, and many who are not, would be pleased to play with a skilled junior. I have a daughter, age 11, with whom I am pleased to play anytime she wishes. Certainly, there are those times when it is not as convenient to play with kids but, for me, those times are few. So, to your question: I don't loathe playing with a good junior, I often welcome the opportunity.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone putting the condition on juniors that their etiquette must remain perfect and they must maintain respect?!? at my club the juniors have the best etiquette and the most respect out of everyone. All the women do is complain and play slowly, all the seniors do is play slowly then complain, most the men are rude to juniors (I played in a big competition on Sunday playing with two men and they kept walking all over my lines on the greens).

cant agree more there are people at my club who are great and id love to play with but there are more people who complain and swear more than me this one guy swore every time he came to the gree going F- this pin F- this green its to fast and im not jokin he wrote a letter to the manager complaining the pins were to hard its also shits me when i play wiht an old guy who cant even put driver on a par 3 its takes so long 5+ hourse its so bad im a jr btw

cant agree more there are people at my club who are great and id love to play with but there are more people who complain and swear more than me this one guy swore every time he came to the gree going F- this pin F- this green its to fast and im not jokin he wrote a letter to the manager complaining the pins were to hard

Maybe some adults don't like to play with you because they can't understand you through all that

BAD grammar?
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I don't care if they are an 11 year old 28 handicapper, as long as they are respectful and know basic golf etiquette, I am fine with it. Then again, I have 19, 15 and 11 year old boys, so it has never really been an issue.

The only way most kids learn golf etiquette is from adults, anyhow.

Driver: Titleist 905T 11.5*

Hybrids: Cleveland HALO Hybrids 19*, 22*

Irons Snake Eyes Python O/S irons (I carry 5,7,9,A irons)

Wedges: Adams Tom Watson SW 56* (sometimes carry Adams Tom Watson LW 60*)

Putter: Odyssey Dual Force 2 Rossie or Tommy Armour EFT Series Model 6

Why is everyone putting the condition on juniors that their etiquette must remain perfect and they must maintain respect?!? at my club the juniors have the best etiquette and the most respect out of everyone. All the women do is complain and play slowly, all the seniors do is play slowly then complain, most the men are rude to juniors (I played in a big competition on Sunday playing with two men and they kept walking all over my lines on the greens).

I can't speak for the others, but I don't like playing with anyone who has bad etiquette - kid, adult, senior, etc. The two men you describe would bug me more than any junior golfer I've ever played with.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A golfer is a golfer... age makes no difference. As long as a player understands the game, etiquette, and how to behave on the golf course, then I don't ask for anything more. It makes no difference how good (or bad) any player is as long as he can maintain place of play, and keeps his cool even when things don't go well.

I've played with lots of young golfers, and I usually enjoy the experience.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

JaY_B,

Feel fortunate that your a junior now. Also understand that there likely were, great differences in the way these older folks were treated when THEY were juniors. Let me explain: I come from the tail end of a generation where respect for one's elders was not only expected, it was DEMANDED. If a junior was disrespectful(in any way...even if the adult was at fault) the junior likely found themselves behind the cart shed, being shown why they need to be respectful... then, the junior would pray that his parents would not find out...thus, more of the same...(don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that this was right... but it was a fact for many of us nevertheless)

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

I'm only 26 and just started playing again after 8 or 10 so years off. I would have no problem playing with juniors as I remember playing as one. Right now I'm still getting my swing back so I havn't even played any rounds yet but would play with a junior as long as they don't mind playing with me

In the Vision SS Bag:

Driver: r7 superquad 10.5* Reax Reg flex
3-Wood: Pinseeker 15* Reg flex
Hybrid 3: r7 Draw Rescue 19* Reg flexHybrid 4: Rescue Mid 22* Reg flexIrons: G2's 5-PW - TFC 100 Regular Flex Wedges: None yet Putter: Monza SpiderBall: Anything cheap for now

I'm only 22 so it wasn't long ago that I was a junior golfer myself. I love playing with the younger generation, especially if they're a decent player. I think it's cool to talk with the young guys and maybe enlighten them a little. You never know when you could be playing with the next "Tiger"
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

JaY_B,

My point is that regardless of age or membership category every member should have respect for his fellow players. Etiquette should be upheld at all times.

The level of the golf, or the age of the golfer should not effect the levels of expected respect and etiquette. In my opinion older members blaming juniors is a 'cop' out for their own short comings in those areas.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

My point is that regardless of age or membership category every member should have respect for his fellow players. Etiquette should be upheld at all times.

I agree with you, and do understand your point... However, my point was that in the past, things didn't play out like they do now. In fact, if you made this very point(to an adult) in the years that I was a Junior... the result might have been a slap or backhand(then, a bar from playing the course)... It's just the way it was back then... I tell you one thing... I sure do NOT miss the good old days. My alternate point: Be thankful things have changed!

I agree with you, and do understand your point...

How old ARE you???? I'm 61 and I never experienced what you describe. I didn't play golf as a boy, but otherwise, my life was certainly better than yours appears to have been.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

How old ARE you???? I'm 61 and I never experienced what you describe. I didn't play golf as a boy, but otherwise, my life was certainly better than yours appears to have been.

I'm in my mid 40's. My life was really pretty good and I only had one bad experience(like described) as a Junior at my local Country Club. (Me and friends went to a hazard pond... went in, a got a bunch of balls... Then, hit them on the range... not picking them up... A C. Club board memeber saw us, later found us playing golf, smacked us up side the head and made us pick up ALL the range balls). However, it was fairly common knowlege that this went on... and certainly not only to me an my buddies. However, it was also common knowlege that certain kids(Juniors) were untouchable. (The son of a local grocery store chain could get away with just about anything). So it sort of mattered who you were too.

I would rather play with a JR golfer than behind a group of them.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

I would rather play

Why's this?

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Junior golfers are faster than ladies, seniors and a lot of men, so why would you rather play with them than behind them?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I am a junior to and i'm 14
When I turn up for comp, some guys have a little cry, but some don't care...
At my club, if an adult takes a chunky divot and doesn't fill it, no one cares.
If us juniors don't fill it, it is an auto 1 month ban.
Yes, they encourage us juniors.
Not
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Note: This thread is 5815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!