IGNORED

For you Adult Golfers

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 5815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you mind/enjoy playing with junior golfers

• No, not at all
    • No, as long as they can play golf
    • No, i relish watching the future talent mature
    • Yes, it ruins the round
    • Yes, it is an added distraction
    • Dont Mind

I have a question for you adult golfers, when i turn up for a competition i often see my proposed playing partners faces groan when they see i am A JUNIOR MEMBER!!!!!!

I can understand not wanting to babysit a 11 year old 28 handicapper, but i am 16 and play of 8 and will comfortabley beat half the adults i play with.

So i am asking whether you enjoy,dont mind, or loathe playing with JUNIOR GOLFERS!!

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as you know your etiquette, I have no problem.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

obviously, i play county golf, but some adults still dont like it

INT Grom

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Well put, following the rules of golf are much more important than there score... But to be honest I don't play for cookies and milk.

I put that I don't mind at all, but there is a condition that I wasn't given in the poll:

I don't mind as long as they aren't rude, cocky, attitudinal little SOB's

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I don't mind as long as they aren't rude, cocky, attitudinal little SOB's

sorry, didnt think to include that one

INT Grom

but i am 16 and play of 8 and will comfortabley beat half the adults i play with.

That is why they don't like to play with you.

In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

Im a junior golfer also (16), and I've had alot of adults ask if they could play with me. Or they usually ask If i want to play with them. So im sure most dont mind.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Im a junior golfer also (16), and I've had alot of adults ask if they could play with me. Or they usually ask If i want to play with them. So im sure most dont mind.

if only that was the case here, maybe all of the adults in England are old fashioned,

INT Grom

I have no issue at all. As long as they are aware of golfing etiquette as someone previously mentioned. They only let junior golfers at my club play in Saturday members comps once they play of less than 15 which means they are better than me anyway. (Obviously once they turn 18 and start paying higher fees they are allowed to play off any handicap.)

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

if only that was the case here, maybe all of the adults in England are old fashioned,

Do they have that type of thing where they are all real gentleman and have the attitude that only mature adult males should be playing the sport?

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Do they have that type of thing where they are all real gentleman and have the attitude that only mature adult males should be playing the sport?

some do, i was just trying to get a overview of adults opinions, there are alot of more modern thinking adults in my club aswell

INT Grom

That is why they don't like to play with you.

Yeah... some guys take it pretty hard when a 14 yr old whoops their ass in a game they've been playing longer than he's been alive.

I myself enjoy playing with whoever is at the course... I play a lot of rounds as a single (moving to new cities lately) and have enjoyed playing with all sorts of people from 14 yr olds on the HS team to a couple old men one of which was in the Hungarian Mob and the other his lawyer. As long as the person I play with knows ettiquite, keeps pace, and isn't an a-hole... all is well and good.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I actually played with a golf prodigy named Dan Geis. This kid is really good. He's played in junior world championships and was great to play with him.

Like I told him and his dad "I'll see you on Sundays in 10 years."

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I'll play with anyone, just wont play against them unless its friends. Its fun to watch some of the younger generations interpretations of the rules (not talking juniors here - more so the younger 20 somethings) - they can score themselves anyway they want - they seem to be having fun.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a question for you adult golfers, when i turn up for a competition i often see my proposed playing partners faces groan when they see i am A JUNIOR MEMBER!!!!!!

I have no problem, provided that they remain respectful - or at least as respectful as I would expect from an adult.

Thus far, I've had no problems and have played with juniors of various ages and ability levels. In my experience, they were the ones going out of their way to be polite. I'm not sure which entries in the poll indicate "I have no problem playing with anyone, of any age, provided they obey the etiquette."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why is everyone putting the condition on juniors that their etiquette must remain perfect and they must maintain respect?!? at my club the juniors have the best etiquette and the most respect out of everyone. All the women do is complain and play slowly, all the seniors do is play slowly then complain, most the men are rude to juniors (I played in a big competition on Sunday playing with two men and they kept walking all over my lines on the greens).

Usually I will play with anyone (as I don't play with someone because of the level of their golf, simply how much I enjoy their company) but at the moment I don't really want to play golf with anyone BUT juniors as they are the only golfers I can have an enjoyable time with.

I am a junior btw.

JaY_B

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!