IGNORED

For you Adult Golfers

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 5815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you mind/enjoy playing with junior golfers

• No, not at all
    • No, as long as they can play golf
    • No, i relish watching the future talent mature
    • Yes, it ruins the round
    • Yes, it is an added distraction
    • Dont Mind

• Administrator
1st off all if you look up i wrote that the member hit a bad shot not me going out and punching the old guy

The point is nobody can understand what you write - or bothers to try - because you write so poorly.

You're very close to spending some time in the penalty box. If I read another post attacking someone, or with HORRID grammar, you'll go there. Your posts have to be understandable in order to contribute to the forum.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I topped it yesterday, I'm also a junior...... so am I not good enough to play with you?

Post like this make me think I would not like playing with you, but your handicap is low so I assume you don't top the ball all the time. I don't think I am alone when I say I don't enjoy playing with golfers that are posting over 100.

So long as you know your etiquette, I have no problem.

this is key for me. more so than HC. I don't like playing with anyone that has poor etiquette.

R7
R7 3w
Launcher 5w
Halo 3i
Launcher 4-PWCG11...52,56Circa 62#2

i am a junior who shoots high 80,s do you mind playing with me

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

i am a junior who shoots high 80,s do you mind playing with me

Not sure if you are talking to me, but I wouldn't "mind" playing with you, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to play with you.

Children and young teenagers minds are not fully formed and can't hold intellectual conversations. I wouldn't want to talk a under 17 version of myself since I was a prick (some would say still am).

yes i was talking to you and i dont think golf should be about scores or junior or adult it should be about loving the game

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

yes i was talking to you and i dont think golf should be about scores or junior or adult it should be about loving the game

Anyone that knows me would tell you I have golf under my skin. I love golf as much as anyone in the world.

I don't disagree that golf is about a love of the sport, but if you are new to the game I don't have to like playing with you. To stay on topic, if you are a junior I don't have to like playing with you. I may enjoy playing with you as a junior, many juniors are good people, but there are others that are pricks (as are many adults). I prefer to play with 3 good friends, but if I do get paired up, I do not look forward to playing with juniors.

i understand some juniors are not fun to play with but even ive played with some who annoy me but i do understand what your saying it is more fun to play with 3 good friends hec even i have a group of friends i go play with on a regular basis

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid

Its not all about wanting to play with someone based on their handicap.

I'd rather play with someone with the highest handicap in the world but has a good attitude and enjoys the game, rather than playing with a good player who has the worst attitude in the world and is tossing clubs and pouting.

Its about personality as well.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Its not all about wanting to play with someone based on their handicap.

This is the heart of the disagreement. I think its also about being good enough at golf to finish a round in 4 hours. Bad players play slow. I agree that personality is paramount, but its also important to break 100 for speed of play alone.

Post like this make me think I would not like playing with you, but your handicap is low so I assume you don't top the ball all the time. I don't think I am alone when I say I don't enjoy playing with golfers that are posting over 100.

You my friend have missed the point, I am going to assume your an adult and to be honest your attitude stinks, Whats wrong with posting over a hundred?

And I appreciate the Neg Rep points, I'm sure every one else here thinks I'm a childish snob

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Bad players play slow. I agree that personality is paramount, but its also important to break 100 for speed of play alone.

This is absolutely false. I know plenty of good players that play slow. As a matter of fact, how would you like to play with Ben Crane? Most pros don't play under four hours. Most professionally, televised rounds are a little over three hours and rarely, if ever, do they begin with the first hole. Those that do start at 2PM and finish over four hours, later.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I have played with a beginner who played his first 18 round at my club, we finished in 4 and a half hours. Not bad.

I still would rather play with someone with a good personality to enjoy the game.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

You my friend have missed the point, I am going to assume your an adult and to be honest your attitude stinks, Whats wrong with posting over a hundred?

I am not saying there is anything wrong with posting over 100 but just that I don't want to play with strangers that do. How is that a bad attitude?

Most pros don't play under four hours. Most professionally, televised rounds are a little over three hours and rarely, if ever, do they begin with the first hole. Those that do start at 2PM and finish over four hours, later.

Perhaps I should have specified, I like playing 18 holes in under 4 hours. If you can do that I will play with you no matter how bad you are. In my experience, it is difficult to finish a round in under 4 hours with someone who is hitting the ball 100 or more times.

Good players that play slow are just as bad as bad players that play slow. I don't like to play slow ever.
I have played with a beginner who played his first 18 round at my club, we finished in 4 and a half hours. Not bad.

Personality is very important, for ME so is speed of play.

Personality is very important, for ME so is speed of play.

Definitely. No round should take more than 4 1/2 hours. I consider myself lucky when golfing with a noob. They usually know when to pick up if they get in a bit of trouble on a hole.

Driver: Titleist 983K, 9.5°, Aldila NV-65S
3-Wood: Titleist 906F2, 15°, Aldila NV-75S
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue TP, 19°, Aldila NV-85S
Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP, S300, 3-PW
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900 56.14Putter: Ping Anser 4, 34"Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Definitely. No round should take more than 4 1/2 hours.

My Lord - 4 1/2 hours? I'd die of old age!

Our target for 3-balls in the Medals is 3 3/4 hours. Four hours leads to pursed lips, anything over and you get a bit if a chat from one of the Committee about slow play and suggestions on how to speed up.

Just to clarify my comment above - the biggest offenders on time aren't the juniors, they're older members. Seniors one can make allowances for (dicky hips, etc) but guys in their 30s, 40s and 50s should be able to walk less than five miles (that's 8,800 yards - a lot more than any golf course I've come across) in less than four hours. The biggest problem is people ambling between shots and not even thinking about what they're going to do until they trip over their ball. Or, on buggy courses, driving up the path, getting out, walking across the their ball, looking at it, looking at the target, rubbing their chin, and THEN going back to the buggy to get their clubs. And maybe changing their minds - aaaaaaaaarrrrggghhhhhh!)
Then they have to ruminate and have a chat with their pal about it, rather than getting on with the game.
The juniors are great - they zip from shot to shot, are pretty sure they know what they're going to do and they get on with it. If they cock up, they laugh and carry on.

Note: This thread is 5815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!