IGNORED

For you Adult Golfers

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 5827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you mind/enjoy playing with junior golfers

• No, not at all
    • No, as long as they can play golf
    • No, i relish watching the future talent mature
    • Yes, it ruins the round
    • Yes, it is an added distraction
    • Dont Mind

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for any one who i have annoyed in this thread

You haven't annoyed me, young man, tho' you've sometimes been difficult to understand!!

i am a junior who shoots high 80,s do you mind playing with me

I'd be delighted. But not for money - not with our likely handicap difference...!

i know how you feel i get the same looks at my place. of course im not as good as you but i can beat my fair share. it sucks getting looks like that. it makes me feel like im not welcome.:(

Golf is still too elitist at some clubs, some clubs have a 'group' culture which means newer members and less regular members can not get involved in the events because they feel so awkward and unwelcome.

I also think that yes as Juniors we all feel hard done by but there are a lot of adult members who are probably in a similar boat, who don't really get respected and have a bad reputation. It's not that bad really, for every ignorant member of a golf club there is another 20 members that are as welcoming and friendly as you could wish for.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

alot of members at my club enjoy playing with jr's yesterday it was normal stabelford comp but in our group we had our own team matchplay comp it was really fun we played for money too, and my partner paid for me he was really nice. i think its more how you act with the members rather than golfing ability

I enjoy playing with all types of players, being 35 I don't feel that old on the golf course. I have had some of the most enjoyable rounds playing with guys that were 25 years older than me. They hit driver-driver on a 350 yard hole and 2 putt for par while I play bomb and gouge and make bogey, we both envy each other in an ironic way. I have played with many juniors being paired up at munis and I enjoy seeing ther skill level. I have no problem with them as long as they have some sense of etiquette....C
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

anyone who won't play with golf with juniors should burn in hell because they are old decreped a-holes who dont' give a crap about anyone but themselves.. my favorite thing to see in the world is youth out on the course.. and even if they might not be the most polite children in the world then hopefully golf experiences will teach them something.. instead of people complaining about kids and golf we should all try to get them involved and not discourage them from the game

Yea I'm also a junior golfer and every once in awhile I'll find the jerk who see's a kid a begs the starter not to be placed with them. I also see that exact same guy go up to the tee and duff it. And make that kid wait forever to tee off. If the kid is 10 or under and his swing looks bad, than go ahead and complain. But if you complain and then the kid goes out there and smokes you, than think of how much of a jackass you look like.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

Played 2 rounds on theweekend with a 16 year old with a handicap of 11. have known him for a couple of years when his starting h/cap was 25 .he is always a pleasure to play with. surely it is a responsibility of all adult club members to help bring along these juniors. they are the future of the game wether at club level or international level. there are arrogant & rude players of all ages.

As many before me has stated, I enjoy play with people off all ages as long as they are friendly.
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10° I-Mix 5w: Callaway X Hybrid: 21º Open CT
4-5: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 6-PW: Alpha C1 Pro
52º, 56º,60º Callaway X-Tour
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4

I don't care who I play with as long as you keep up....

I don't care if it takes you 10 shots per hole just as long as you are not holding up the group.

i have had people try and get the pro shop trying to kick me off the tee sheet because they couldent get a tee time the man not very bright (i was standing right behind him)luckily the pro told him no(which was the right thing to do)and the man had a small temper tantrum( the pro just laughed)if i was him i would be pretty embarrased

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

I am a member at a couple different Country Clubs and I have to say that between the 2 it is like a night and day difference. I just happen to teach at the one that the members don't like juniors. But I say to heck with them. I remember being a junior and I don't believe that any junior, that loves this game, would intentionally hurt the course or the game.
An example of this: Last year during my junior program a group of old members came in and gave me an ear full about the juniors hurting the greens. So I asked them to show me the damage so that I could fix it. The funny thing about what they were talking about was that I had played the night before on mens league and saw the guy do the damage and fixed that night.
Juniors are the FUTURE of golf. We need to golf with them and help them. I would much rather golf with my kids than some of the old codgers slinking around the golf courses.LOL

In the bag:
Driver-:Launcher
Hybrid-:Srixon hybrids 3
Irons 4-PW-:
Wedges- Callaway X-tour "Mack Daddies"Putter-:mizuno bettinardiBall- Pro V1 ZUR c Bridgestone B330SThey call me the bus driver cuz I'll be taken your ass to school!!!!

Proud to say - our club encourages juniors and has programs to educate and coach them. I'm happy to play with anyone who knows the etiquette and can keep up.

As long as pace of play doesn't suffer, I'll play with anyone.

They just have to know when it is time to pick up the ball or stop looking for the lost one. If they are with an adult, I expect the adult to push that. If the adult doesn't, it's not the junior's fault.

If the junior is playing on their own, they most likely all ready know.
"I say pick it up a******. Put it in your pocket. You're lucky you found it. Go the **** home will ya?"

--George Carlin

As long as they have some idea of what they are doing. If its just some random kid i would try to give them as much advice as i can.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

Note: This thread is 5827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!