IGNORED

Have You Ever Experienced the Challenge of Playing on a Links Golf Course?

The course I used to be a member of and play on in Maputo, Mozambique, was very close to the beach.  Being a coastal town, the course was probably half a kilometre at most from the beach as the crow flies.  Also, the soil was kinda sandy though they had put in some other soil when setting up the course.  I enjoyed playing the course though I must admit it wasn't anywhere as windy as links courses in the UK

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a few actual links courses in the UK. But that was way back in the middle 90's. I remember it being very windy. I also remember having a caddy who was very literally 3 times my age. I felt bad, like, "shouldn't I be carrying that bag for you?"

Later on, I was a member at Cold Water Golf Links in Ames, Iowa for several years. That course is "Links Style". Obviously not truly a links course as there is no ocean in Iowa. It had big greens, deep bunkers, fairways separated by waist high grass. It was kind of funny, because you had to manage your misses. If you missed the fairway by one yard, you might be in waist-high grass and have to take an unplayable lie, assuming you found it. But you could also miss your fairway by 20 yards and be just fine in another fairway. 

I have fond memories of that course. I made my first hole in one there.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My local course (arbroath) is a links course and ill be starting out october so high wind, frozen grounds and boggy roughs to look forward to. Needing to figure out how to control direction early if im going to cope with the wind along the coast.

Ive took the time to work the course and its night and day compared to the pga courses that look like perfectly trimmed astroturf I see on tv

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

My local course during the peak of summer one of our holes that get very dry ...it can be a brutal when the greens are fast and wind is up ... you can be just off the fairway by a yard and be in a nasty pocket hole of sand

Cromwell GC Dry.png

Go Foxy Go