IGNORED

Contexto Daily Game

Jrwatkins7

If you like word games like Wordle and have even more time to burn, try www.contexto.me . A new random word daily. Basically, you guess a word and it will tell you via a number , how close in relation your guess is to the word.  My son has gotten me hooked on this and would love to see some other folks feedback on what they think of it.

image.png.de73fb2b77565d8190679243b3db72bc.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just tried it. That was kinda fun. Got it in 27 guesses

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Not a fan of asking for CC info then stating the card won’t be charged. Well, then it’s not necessary to give it. Period.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Not a fan of asking for CC info then stating the card won’t be charged. Well, then it’s not necessary to give it. Period.

It never asked for my CC or a login or anything

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

3 hours ago, klineka said:

Just tried it. That was kinda fun. Got it in 27 guesses

That's pretty good!  👍  Sometimes you can go down the wrong rabbit hole and just get lost - we've gone upwards of 100 tries sometimes.

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Not sure where you went, but it wasn't the site I mentioned.

5 hours ago, Jrwatkins7 said:

That's pretty good!  👍  Sometimes you can go down the wrong rabbit hole and just get lost - we've gone upwards of 100 tries sometimes.

Not sure where you went, but it wasn't the site I mentioned.

Me neither…lol. Just played it. All good.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

I got to like 30, was in the low thousands (like 1443?), and gave up. Games like this annoy me. "project" and "work" can have a lot of contexts - being close to "energy" doesn't really cut it in my mind.

Essentially, it takes too long, and it's a bit too abstract, for my liking. Mostly the time commitment.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 5:02 PM, iacas said:

I got to like 30, was in the low thousands (like 1443?), and gave up. Games like this annoy me. "project" and "work" can have a lot of contexts - being close to "energy" doesn't really cut it in my mind.

Essentially, it takes too long, and it's a bit too abstract, for my liking. Mostly the time commitment.

For sure it can get frustrating... also, somehow I managed to get it in five guesses yesterday.  

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Jrwatkins7 said:

For sure it can get frustrating... also, somehow I managed to get it in five guesses yesterday.  

And… was it satisfying, or did you realize you were just pretty lucky?

Because it feels like it's too much luck. Which makes a game unappealing to me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

That sounds like an interesting word game! Contexto.me seems like a great option for those who enjoy word games like Wordle and have extra time to spare. The concept of guessing a word and receiving feedback through a numerical indication of how close your guess is to the actual word adds an exciting twist to the game.

It's fantastic that your son got you hooked on this game, and it's always enjoyable to share such experiences with others. Trying out different word associations and seeing how well you can guess the word of the day can be both fun and challenging.