IGNORED

Best Stand Bag?

Note: This thread is 5894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone I'm looking for a new stand bag, and was wondering what everyone thought was the best? Right now I have a Titleist x58 from about 3 years ago, and the legs are starting to break, and all of my clubs don't fit in properly. Also, it doesn't separate or organize the clubs as well as it used to. I'm looking to get a Ping Hoofer Vantage, just wondering if that is a good choice for space, good organization, and durability? Tell me what you guys use, and what you think is the best.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

It seems to me that the best depends on how you intend to use it. I'm also in the market for a new bag (mine is now 5 years old and was a 3-year old hand me down 2 years ago), and I'm looking at the Mizuno GTX because it functions as a stand bag and can fit comfortably into a pull cart. The downside is that it has only a 6-way divider for the clubs. But it does have room for my "6 to go" cooler.

How often do you carry, use a pull-cart, or use a motor cart? How many dividers do you want? Is there anything esoteric you must carry with you? How many pockets do you want for other things? Is there a color combination you really want?

These are the questions I was asking myself while looking at bags. Maybe I or someone else can help point you towards something if we know more about what you intend to do with it other than have it stand up at some points?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah wow you need more than 6 dividers? I only have 4 now, but want at least 1 more. I almost always carry my bag. 99% of the time, unless I'm playing with my dad and his friends. I need a bag that is light, with good straps, good legs, 5 dividers, and enough room for all 14 clubs.Also need a good ball pocket, and a couple others for sunblock, and a light jacket.

in the bag

Yeah wow you need more than 6 dividers? I only have 4 now, but want at least 1 more. I almost always carry my bag. 99% of the time, unless I'm playing with my dad and his friends. I need a bag that is light, with good straps, good legs, 5 dividers, and enough room for all 14 clubs.Also need a good ball pocket, and a couple others for sunblock, and a light jacket.

In that case, pick your favorite label and check out their stand bags. I suspect every company makes one that fits your desires.

As for my quip about the number of dividers: my first (current) bag has 7 dividers; it's just the bag I have, and I didn't pick it that way. That having been said, I like keeping driver and putter separate, one for wedges, one for woods/hybrids, one for long irons, one for mid-irons, and one for short irons. But I guess splitting the mid irons into longer and shorter won't hurt.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey everyone I'm looking for a new stand bag, and was wondering what everyone thought was the best? Right now I have a Titleist x58 from about 3 years ago, and the legs are starting to break, and all of my clubs don't fit in properly. Also, it doesn't separate or organize the clubs as well as it used to. I'm looking to get a Ping Hoofer Vantage, just wondering if that is a good choice for space, good organization, and durability? Tell me what you guys use, and what you think is the best.

I have always used PINGS, but they don't make them as well as they used to.

However, I did just start using the Latitude (by PING) and am liking it a lot. I like it more than the Vantage because it has a few more pockets (love the sunglasses holder and detachable shag bag), and I ride around 50% of the time that I play.
In my bag

Driver 905R 9.5 with Aldila
3-wood G10 15 degree
Hybrid G10 18 degreeIrons MP 32Wedges 52 & 56 & 60 degreePutter SC SS Newport 1.5Ball

Let me first introduce myself: I caddie and have been doing so for 4 years. I caddie around 80 rounds/year. The best stand bags by far are PINGs. In fact, today I carried a PING Hoofer Vantage and it was unbelievable. The strap was great, it was light, the legs worked well, and it looked like it had ample storage space. The only negative thing I found was that it had only 1 full length divider (Not a major problem). Most bags have 3-4, but overall the bag is great.
Another person in the group had a PING Hoofer Extreme and rode a cart. There were no problems. So whether you walk or ride, PINGs are the way to go.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

The Ogio Grom is hands down the best bag. I just bought one and I couldn't be happier with it.

In My Grom Bag:

Driver: NVG2 Draw
Woods: NVG2 3 & 5 Woods
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 3Irons: GT Xtreme 4-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.14Putter: White Hot XG9Balls: NXT, e6+Home Course: Apple Mountain Golf Course http://www.applemountaingolfga.com

I had a Taylor Made camel back or something or other. . .Almost 10 years ago. That was a great walking bag. Wish I didn't sell that set off.

You can't go wrong with anything from Ogio.

Thanks guys I think I will go with the Ping Hoofer Vantage... seems like the best fit, and offers everything I need.

in the bag

Ok, if you like divider thingys go with the woode system on whatever bag you find it in (Ogio, Callaway, etc.). For light and comfy to carry, I just bought my son the Titleist x86. It has the EZ fit strap system and we've had several bags with that. It is by far the easiest to strap on and most comfortable to carry. That strap system may be Sun Mountain's product. It's a good one.

Note: This thread is 5894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!