IGNORED

Callaway Rogue ST Max OS Hybrids

Ok, so a week ago, i picked up a 5 hybrid, since i had been thinking about it... mainly it was because my current set of iron's, i just dont hit the 5 iron and 6 iron that great ( Cobra LTDx One length )  

I have been playing 3 and 4 cleveland hybrids for a while now and liked them.     

But after hitting the 5 hybrid from Callaway, i was blown away at the distance i was getting and how easy it was to hit the ball.    I mean it literally feels like cheating lol.   

Well after buying a matching 3 and 4 hybrid off of Ebay, i was also looking for a 6 hybrid, and found one at the Golfing Store i visit on a regular basis... it literally was hiding in ( last one they had) plain sight and the guy helping me found it lol...   And no lie, the distance i get with those two clubs is laughable lol..   But i feel like it's going to fill in those gaps..   

Plus having the 3 and 4 hybrids will give me more distance when i was normally trying to use my 3 or 5 wood..    

So who else has used these and what are your thoughts?   

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hybrids or this specific hybrid.  I have a 2 and 4 hybrid in the bag.  The 4 hybrid is a gamer for me since my next longest iron is a 6, which is seeing very little use these days.  In fact I mostly use it off the tee.  Off the fairway a 7 iron is generally the longest.  Anything more than that I tend to hit my 4 hybrid and modulate the distance.  My 2 hybrid needs more practice since it is more draw biased and tends to go too much left 🤐  But overall I really like hybrids

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I have a 3H, 4H. The 3H is a Titleist Ti2 and the 4H is a PingG425. 5i is the longest iron I play. I use my hybrids all over the course as that’s where I hit my ball. Par 3’s that are just over 200yds I use my 3H. I have a 3W but I’m considering other options as I don’t seem to hit it any further than my 3H except if it’s teed up.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 11/5/2023 at 11:27 PM, pganapathy said:

Hybrids or this specific hybrid.  I have a 2 and 4 hybrid in the bag.  The 4 hybrid is a gamer for me since my next longest iron is a 6, which is seeing very little use these days.  In fact I mostly use it off the tee.  Off the fairway a 7 iron is generally the longest.  Anything more than that I tend to hit my 4 hybrid and modulate the distance.  My 2 hybrid needs more practice since it is more draw biased and tends to go too much left 🤐  But overall I really like hybrids

these two hybrids ( 5&6 )    I mean, i thought i hit my Cleveland 3&4 hybrid's decent.   But these Callaway's are unreal.   When I'm getting the same distance from using less club it literally has me giddy as can be.    

It is what it is

On 11/6/2023 at 7:45 AM, Vinsk said:

I have a 3H, 4H. The 3H is a Titleist Ti2 and the 4H is a PingG425. 5i is the longest iron I play. I use my hybrids all over the course as that’s where I hit my ball. Par 3’s that are just over 200yds I use my 3H. I have a 3W but I’m considering other options as I don’t seem to hit it any further than my 3H except if it’s teed up.

Well when i get everything sometime this week, I'll have a 3,4,5,6 hybrid in Rogue ST Max OS,  i originally just had a 3 and 4 and then went 6 thru wedges in irons..  But rarely did i ever use my 6 iron, because i just never did seem to be able to hit it well.     I did ditch my 5 wood, since I rarely did use it.     Usually I only try to use my 3 wood when i'm teeing it up too, i'm just too hot n cold with it off the deck.       

It is what it is

• iacas changed the title to Callaway Rogue ST Max OS Hybrids
5 hours ago, David L Yskes said:

these two hybrids ( 5&6 )    I mean, i thought i hit my Cleveland 3&4 hybrid's decent.   But these Callaway's are unreal.   When I'm getting the same distance from using less club it literally has me giddy as can be.    

Over time I will invariably wind up getting more hybrids in my bag.  When I was younger I could hit my 3 iron consistently.  Now I can still hit it pure, but consistency is out the window.  That is why I start at a 6 iron only.  Eventually it will be 7 iron onwards and hybrids/woods longer than that.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball