IGNORED

Stroke Gained Discovery When Trying to Find Weak Areas in My Game

p1n9183

6 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

I'd say it's almost impossible not to. Unless you get a measuring tape out or use professional surveying equipment it's going to be off. 

My long step is nearly 1 yard. I paced off 50 yards before and got like 49 steps. Over shorter distances it’s more accurate. If over 50 yards it’s off by  1 yard. Over 3 paces, so 9 feet, it will be off less than half a foot. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

Back from holiday and to work on my game. 
I'm quite good in measuring distance inside 15 feet because I take my time before every putt to count the paces. After doing it several times you already know how much paces to the cup you have (always inside 15 feet). Outside that I guestimate the nearest yards multiple by 5. (15 feet / 20 feet / 25 feet) etc.

On 11/16/2023 at 9:26 AM, Ty_Webb said:

On a separate note, he also said his short game was good, but he posted that his short game is -0.5 strokes gained and his short putting is -1.2. If his short game is a little off, he's leaving himself lots of putts in the "short" range, where he is also losing strokes. So from 175-250, he's missing some greens (which PGA tour players do too, with some regularity) and leaving himself in the thick of his poor range with short game and therefore putts, which all adds up to another 0.2 strokes lost. 

I agree with this, or at least I came to the same conclusion. I think I still have some room from improvement in my long game, but in the 175-250 range I'm leaving myself to many up and down attempts that are hard to convert when my short putting is off. Also I struggle a little bit on long pitch shots while been above average on n-GIR shots.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades