IGNORED

I'm a bunter with my driver - Tips?

Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you have good rythym and tempo

A drill to do that is try and whistle a single note and maintain it while doing a full swing

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

I think I have good rythm and tempo. I'm usually pretty good with the drive, hitting a lot of fairways, I just don't get much distance. When I need tempo, I count to 3 on the backswing and swing smooth on the downswing/follow through.

But I'm really still when hitting my driver. I'm looking for the correct hip/shoulder turn that will improve clubhead speed without screwing up tempo or swinging too hard.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Did you read what i said in my first post, my 150 is my 7 iron but i drive farther than you maybe you should try to draw

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

I know how to draw the ball, and I can add some length that way. But I'm trying to get away from the draw and hitting a more controlled left to right shot, but still trying to hit it with some good carry.

I do appreciate the advice though.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Yep, just start out doing it slower so you dont outrace one or the other then you can speed it up when you get the feel. Stack and tilt works great for irons, but it is flawed in the driver swing as you are finding out because you don't compress the ball on the drive.

• Administrator
from what I've read about the stack and tilt it doesn't lend itself to swing speed. It is sort of a classic slice sequence, but reserved better players for tighter shot dispersion.

Most of the players who employ a Stack and Tilt seem to hit a little draw. I play a fade normally but when I use an S&T; it draws (or hooks wildly if I'm a little off).

Have you checked with your pro? Is your driver shaft and head appropriate for your swing?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play a fade normally but when I use an S&T; it draws (or hooks wildly if I'm a little off).

Honestly...I'm an above average ham and egger...for all I know I fit into the stack and tilt on my irons...I seem to take away on a closed clubface and am only concerned about a good sweep (and divit) through the ball. Seem to be able to hit a low fade or draw when i want. On Driver I do have a differnet (flatter) swing plane...and bang it with a nice little draw. My goal is to throw darts with the 6 iron and up, and I think i tend to alittle bit of the stack and tilt, now that I think about it.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

dkglf, \i liked the simultanious turn. I find I have to lead slightly with the hips or else I hook it, yet at the same time I can't let the shoulders lag too far behind or else I push it.

What's in the bag

dkglf, you're the man. I'm loving the focus on hips/shoulders with the drive. I need to slightly lag the shoulders, but I am loving the consistency and results. I'm still not a big hitter, but I am getting solid distance now that I was not getting a week ago.

What's in the bag

Glad to hear your doing well, congrats, it's all timing, if ya ever start getting crooked just slow it down a little and it will come back.

Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!