IGNORED

My Swing (pinseekingdreams)

(edited)

I think you mentioned not wanting to get instruction in your first topic, but I can highly recommend Evolvr.com. I find that this method of doing online instruction works very well. You can get up to four analyses a month and each focus on what's most important where you are now. I've had some 30 minute lessons in person where I lived at the time, where I tried to make notes, but it often ended up being too much information. It takes time and work to change a golf swing, so you may need to work on a few elements at first for weeks or months before you should move on to the next. At Evolvr you get a short video (5-ish minutes) with each analysis that shows you what you want to work on.

I think Erik (iacas) does most of the instruction on Evolvr now, and you've probably seen that he's very knowledgeable about golf and the swing. He's also a very good instructor and teacher. Using a good instructor and have someone else give you feedback is incredibly useful and will get you where you want to go quicker. The subscription can be cancelled at any time, so you don't have to commit to a year.

For me, the most challenging thing about changing the swing is being patient and making a change stick. Fixing everything at once is impossible, but trying to make one change each week probably won't work either since it takes time for one change to become a habit. If you work on the hands one week and legs the next, the hands may revert back to what you were doing before since you don't focus on them anymore. I can of course record a bunch of swings and upload one swing where I managed to do both at once, but that would just be cheating myself and it wouldn't work in the long run. By getting frequent lessons, it'll be easier for you to know how you're doing and get feedback on changes, drills or whatever. You can also upload chipping, pitching, putting or something other than the full swing.

Edited by Zeph
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
9 hours ago, iacas said:

If you want to do that for the fun of it, then by all means go ahead. But, for example, I've been studying the golf swing for 15 years. It's not your full-time job, so you may be better off trusting someone whose job it is to assess things properly.

Yeah, you don't do that:

01.jpg

It's pretty simple, really:

• You fold your left wrist back instead of hinging properly (around rather than up).
  • You bend your left elbow too soon and too much, while also moving the elbow "around" rather than "up" (around rather than up).

You need to learn what "up" feels like and to greatly limit the "around."

That's it.

PotPlayerMini64_3g4kyUeTbL.thumb.jpg.cf42f1ee3b2b8ee32166363637227d3e.jpg

Is this more what we're looking for from a trail arm position stand point.

The basic feel I have here is my arms staying in front of my chest more.

Edited by pinseekingdreams

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, pinseekingdreams said:

PotPlayerMini64_3g4kyUeTbL.thumb.jpg.cf42f1ee3b2b8ee32166363637227d3e.jpg

Is this more what we're looking for from a trail arm position stand point.

The basic feel I have here is my arms staying in front of my chest more.

Right arm still appears to be very far across your chest.

Really tough to say in 2D.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Right arm still appears to be very far across your chest.

Really tough to say in 2D.

What check can I do to see if my right arm is too far across (on video), is there any lines I can draw or something on the video?

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Another update;

Few days ago I shot my new lowest round, breaking 70 (69) for the first time and I also played a tournament where I almost won (came second in the playoff), the score I shot to enter the playoff was even par.

After I lost the playoff, I went to the bathroom to take a piss and ran into the tournament organizer, who knows me quite well. He said he saw me tee-off during the playoff and said "You have a such a natural swing and talent, you need to allow it to come out more." It was cool hearing something like that from someone who I look up to and it made me think, hmm I don't feel like I'm even allowing 1% of my talent to really shine. I KNOW I can play at a very high level. It was a big confidence boost.

Golf swing wise, Iacas has been helping me understand how the arms work and that's really been the reason why I'm playing better now. I can thank the Evolvr program for that.

The other thing that has helped a ton is a connection ball I purchased, it's basically a ball that you put between your arms. I find this helps a ton with not allowing my arms to dis-connect from my body which improves my ball-striking.

The only other thing golf swing wise I can comment on is that I changed my putter from a Spyder X to an old brass Ping Anser. Essentially going from a face balanced mallet, to a neutral blade (slight toe hang), I find I can roll the ball better with the blade.

Other than that, the one personal thing that is bothering me is I am dead broke right now. All my marketing clients have left, I assume they just found someone cheaper. So basically been trying to find new clients and working on my golf game.

Edited by pinseekingdreams
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had a tournament a few days back, shot even and was in a 3 way play-off. I finished 2nd, I hit it OB off the tee and recovered with a bogey. So not bad, games definitely trending. Been still working on the same stuff we've talked about @iacas. Arms feel more up and down, club also feels more in front of me.