IGNORED

Callaway AI Smoke Driver

I have A Titleist TSR2 driver that I have been very happy with. I didn't get any special length from it, but it really eliminated sidespin and I was generally in the fairway which, for a 71-year-old guy, is a premium. I played back in June with two guys who just got the Smoke driver and I was really surprised at the length they were getting. I play with them often and it was very obvious. So, I took out a demo the next time I played and I immediately was getting 15-20 yards. I did have to alter my swing a bit because the mishits were very unforgiving, unlike the Titleist driver, but it made me more disciplined in my swing. It had 10.5 loft with a 55-gram R shaft that I had altered to 9.5 because I generally hit my driver kind of high. I had it for a month until the golf staff finally got on me to return it, so I got fitted for a new one. I ended up with a slightly different shaft and kept the loft at 10.5. I commented to the pro that I thought the flight was a little too high, but he pointed out "look how far it carries". My average carry with the Titleist was around 215 but it is around 230 with the Smoke. It took a while to get used to it on the course because my poor swings were very unforgiving, but I have been diligent in working on my tempo with the club and it is paying dividends. So, I am not only getting more distance, but I am more aware of consistently making the good swing. 

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, phan52 said:

I have A Titleist TSR2 driver that I have been very happy with. I didn't get any special length from it, but it really eliminated sidespin and I was generally in the fairway which, for a 71-year-old guy, is a premium. I played back in June with two guys who just got the Smoke driver and I was really surprised at the length they were getting. I play with them often and it was very obvious. So, I took out a demo the next time I played and I immediately was getting 15-20 yards. I did have to alter my swing a bit because the mishits were very unforgiving, unlike the Titleist driver, but it made me more disciplined in my swing. It had 10.5 loft with a 55-gram R shaft that I had altered to 9.5 because I generally hit my driver kind of high. I had it for a month until the golf staff finally got on me to return it, so I got fitted for a new one. I ended up with a slightly different shaft and kept the loft at 10.5. I commented to the pro that I thought the flight was a little too high, but he pointed out "look how far it carries". My average carry with the Titleist was around 215 but it is around 230 with the Smoke. It took a while to get used to it on the course because my poor swings were very unforgiving, but I have been diligent in working on my tempo with the club and it is paying dividends. So, I am not only getting more distance, but I am more aware of consistently making the good swing. 

That sounds great. 

Looks like you found a driver that fits you well. 

I own a Paradym Driver (which is the Callaway before the Smoke). I like it a lot. When I got it I really didn't see very much difference between it and my old driver. BUT it is blue. And Blue is always better. 👍😁👍

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Callaway AI Smoke Driver