IGNORED

Sigh

rehmwa

It's been awhile and I do enjoy this community.

Here's one -Funny after the fact. 

So last weekend I was greatly frustrated throughout my entire round, consistently coming up short about 10-15 yards on all my shots.  I chalked it up to the really humid, thick day and maybe not quite 'getting' the course I was on.  I only play it about once a year.  But seriously, my distance spread has always been a strength.

Friday this weekend - it's overcast, so we find a course up in the same area, and AGAIN - LW 90 yards - no issue - lean on it.  Short of the green like 10 yards, or short in the trap, 3 or 4 times.  8 iron, same thing but more like 15 short, 7 iron perfect contact (crap it's going long, and it comes up short like 15 yard), oh cool, an easy 110 gap wedge - 10 yards short - CRAP........  nearly every hole

On hole 11 (a really hard hole for me - long to the dog leg, always leave a long approach and I hit the perfect drive over the corner and I'm 90 out and leave the LW 10 yards short again and in the bunker - and I SO would love to get a birdie chance on that one - I don't get that good a drive very often.

12 - scope the drive to 235 being long and go with a normal 3H and still just barely get to the dogleg there also with a pure hit - which normally would be a scare of hitting through. 

I finally figured it out on the very next apporach - would anyone like to guess?

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Your range finder was in meters, not yards.

Also, humid = ball goes farther. 😄 

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Agree with Erik. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your range finder was in meters, not yards.

Also, humid = ball goes farther. 😄 

Good guess - I would not have thought of that

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

(edited)

You guys NAILED it.  my god.  What a dumb thing.  I'd have played pretty good both rounds.

the first clue was the great big "M"  🤣

and also playing a hole where I knew what the distance "should" have been and for some reason hitting a club shorter

Erik - "Humid the ball flies farther" - Oh my gosh, that makes sense, it "Feels" heavy, but vapor is less dense..... I'll go do some research.  THANKS

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Erik - "Humid the ball flies farther" - Oh my gosh, that makes sense, it "Feels" heavy, but vapor is less dense..... I'll go do some research.  THANKS

Yep. H2O is lighter than O2.

• Thumbs Up 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
31 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yep. H2O is lighter than O2.

and N2     😉

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

• Administrator
Just now, rehmwa said:

and N2

Yeah. Which is what I should have said. 😄