IGNORED

iPhone Auto Zoom

bjfox10

I apologize if this topic has been covered before, but I was not able to find it. I’m wondering if anyone knows how to change the setting on an iPhone that allows it to zoom in while you’re trying to film a golf swing? I was attempting to film yesterday and every time I was set the camera at 1.0 step in to hit the shot or use my watch to start the recording, by the time I was done the phone had zoomed into 1.7 losing parts of the swing in the process. 
I did turn off the stabilization, but that did not have the effect I wanted.

Edited by bjfox10
Needed to add clarification

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I don't think I've ever seen that, nor ever heard of that being a setting.

Do you have a phone with the Camera Control button? You were just using the iPhone's default Camera app?

You could try this: Settings > Camera > Record Video > Check (or enable) "Lock Camera" setting.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades