IGNORED

Mizuno MP Fli Hi Hybrid Iron - Any feedback

Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i got my MP-Fli Hi 18º 2 Iron with an extra stiff graphite shaft and it is really something.

I can now drive 265 and then hit a 2 iron for a 230 shot right onto or near the green to give myself a few more eagle chances. sweet!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These clubs are awesome. I make sure to swing them like irons and have no issues, except I wish I would have bought them sooner.

Driver: Bull 5000 10.5 FujiKura Vista Tour Stiff
Irons:MX25 5-PW. TT Black Gold
WoodGreat Big Bertha 4
HybridCLK Aldila Hybrid Stiff 20 and 23
Wedges: MPT RP Rifle Spinner Wedge 53 and 60Putter: Todd Sones GullaneBallHX Hot

My swing coach was bombing this club about 255 with ridiculous trajectory today. Unbelievable. I can barely hit it 220 and that's with everything i got.

...then hit a 2 iron for a 230 shot...

...I can barely hit it 220 and that's with everything i got.

So how far do you hit it? 230 or 220?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Wow 255?!!! Thats impressive! I guess this is a good hybrid iron

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

• 3 months later...
After these posts, I got myself an MP Fli Hi 3iron to compliment my 5W, hitting it at 220yds. Great for bad lies too. A couple weeks back, topped my ball off the tee and it just rolled some 40yds out and stopped on a downward slope, where using a wood was next to impossible. Pulled out the 3i and hit it deadcenter and it flew and settled at 220 yards silencing my buddies who were heckling me for the tee shot i made. Its a great club and they even thought it was a true 3 iron and not a hybrid hehehe....

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

All I can say is, "wow". I recently won a 21* MP Fli Hi on Ebay and I played with it for the first time today.
Im still trying to get used to it, but I hit a couple really sweet shots with it today. There was this one 430-yard par 4 with a dogleg right and off the tee I hit his nice little shot with it where I cut the dogleg a bit and the ball landed about 100 yards from the hole. Id say the shot was probably 200-220 yards, not back for a hack like me.
I hit a few other really nice 200-yard fairway shots with it.
Another thing I like is that it has a fairly thin head, so it doesnt look all that different than a regular iron, which seems to make it easier for me to hit. I struggle with my woods but I hit my irons fairly well, so its nice to have a long club that looks very much like an iron.
All in all, Im very impressed with this club. If the rest of Mizuno's clubs are as sweet as this one, I might just turn into a full-fledged Mizuno ho.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

All in all, Im very impressed with this club. If the rest of Mizuno's clubs are as sweet as this one, I might just turn into a full-fledged Mizuno ho.

It's a lovely club. It took me a while to get used to mine, but once I really figured out how to hit it, it became one of my favorites. I likewise prefer iron-looking clubs to wood-like clubs.

I haven't even hit Mizuno's game improvement clubs, other than the FLI-HI itself, but I picked up my MP-57s when my handicap was in the mid-20s. If you like the FLI-HI, you might want to try the rest of the other Mizuno irons when, at some point in the future, you decide to get new irons. There are a few more threads on this topic ; you might want to check those out too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's a lovely club. It took me a while to get used to mine, but once I really figured out how to hit it, it became one of my favorites. I likewise prefer iron-looking clubs to wood-like clubs.

I'll definetly be considering a set of Mizuno irons when its time to replace my DCIs. Hopefully by then my golfswing will be good enough for something like a set of MP-62s.

Ive seen the other threads on this topic, I just figured Id throw my 2 cents in on this club.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Yup its a great club-need i say more?! Your experience speaks for itself. Mizuno does make great irons and hybrid irons. The drivers, well let's say am holding out my verdict till i get it re-shafted. The 5wood is easy to hit and it unceremoniously threw out my 19* hybrid. The wedges are good too.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:

I picked up the 21* a couple of months ago and have been very pleased. I also prefer the hybrid favoring the iron type for whatever reason and this one was a good buy. Consistent trajectory and distance and looks good with my MP-67s.

I also have the CLK FLI-HI 17* (more wood-like hybrid) which I found to be a very nice replacement for a 5-wood. It looks great and satisfies my primary reason for purchase which was use off the tee.
ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

I just added another MP Fli Hi to the bag. Last night I won an Ebay auction for a 24* and that will replace my 4-iron.
Now I just gotta find me an 18*.
I dont think Id like a CLK because I dont hit my fairway woods very well. I love the MP because its very much like an iron and I hit my irons pretty well.

I just added another MP Fli Hi to the bag. Last night I won an Ebay auction for a 24* and that will replace my 4-iron.

I'd recommend giving the CLK a try before adding basically a 2 iron to your bag. You might be surprised. Don't know many people who hit their 2 iron better than their hybrids that aren't scratch golfers

ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

• 5 months later...
I hit my dad's MP Fli-Hi 4 iron a few days ago and was very impressed. The ball launched pretty high and impact was very solid. The club was much more forgiving than my MP-32 4 iron and I think I might get one to replace my 3 iron. Anyone have any feedback on these clubs?

great clubs. My brother plays them and they are pretty sweet. They are great if you dont like the Hybrid shape, becasue they look more like irons.

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

i bought one used, and returned it after using it once on the range. i liked the look of it, it was basically just a giant 4iron. i really liked the thought of replacing my 4iron with it while not sacrificing control like a typical hybrid. i just couldnt hit it and it didn't feel right.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

I have a 17* and 20*. I absolutely love them both. I currently carry these in lieu of fairway woods. These hybrids look good and perform better. I hit the 17* about 220 and the 20* about 200. I am currently playing a low compression ball, but about to switch to a higher compression so I expect greater distance is imminent. I find that I make best contact with these when I consciously swing down more on the ball. The contact is solid and sweet unless you hit 'em off the toe in which case its going to fade.
Have fun!

In my Sun Mountain bag,

Mizuno MP-600, 460 CC Driver

Mizuno CLK FLI-HI Hybrids 17*, 20*Mizuno MP 67 (3-PW) with Nippon NS Pro 950 StiffMizuno MP-R 54*MizunoMP-T 60*Mizuno Bettinardi BC-3

Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!