IGNORED

Wynn Golf Club - Anyone Played?

Socrates
Note: This thread is 5862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering if anyone had played the course at the Wynn. I'll probably put up the money anyway, but I was curious if anyone had played it and thought the greens fess was worth it.

I played it last summer. It was 103 when I teed off, so I got the summer rate of $375. Even at the discounted rate, I did not feel it was worth it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good course and is a cool experience playing that close to the strip and the employees really took care of me, but I just felt it was a bit overrated. Part of my problem was that I had just played Shadow Creek, another Fazio/Wynn creation a few months prior to the Wynn and thought that was definitely worth the money. Much better course, better scenery, better service, etc. The Wynn is more of an experience and is cool to play at least once I guess especially since it'll likely go the way of the bulldozer in the next few years since that land is worth insane money to just have a golf course occupying it.....

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

Yeah, I wonder what it's shelf life is. They only average something like a total of 25-50 rounds played there Su-Th and only another 100 on Fr-Sa. I stay at the Wynn now so I may talk to them to see if I can get a free round. We've finally decided on them as our home hotel, so maybe I can talk them into it by pulling that card.

You never know. I think they like to keep it "exclusive" so I'd be surprised if they gave it to you free, but a discount is possible. I love the Wynn Hotel though; my favorite in Vegas.

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

Don't plan on any discount whatsoever! We had a large group there for sales meetings where we were all staying there for 3 nights, used several conference rooms, used catering, etc.

Anyway, my boss inquired about the golf and mentioned all of the above and they flattly said. "Sorry, everybody pays the same amount. But it is worth it because there are hardly anyone that plays the course".

Of course, it is about $500 a round!

Good luck.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

I've never played it myself, but I have a couple of buddy's who have. Their reviews were pretty good. However, for those of you questioning the $500 greens fees, I'll tell you exactly what I told my wife as far as playing it (when the subject came up):

Wifey Dearest: "you'd pay $500 to play GOLF??!!"

Me: "Honey, that would occupy at least 5 hours of my time in Las Vegas. I can spend $500 for those 5 hours or I can be sitting at a craps table for 5 hours. Your choice"

Wifey Dearest: "I'll make your tee time for you"

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I played it last summer. It was 103 when I teed off, so I got the summer rate of $375. Even at the discounted rate, I did not feel it was worth it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good course and is a cool experience playing that close to the strip and the employees really took care of me, but I just felt it was a bit overrated. Part of my problem was that I had just played Shadow Creek, another Fazio/Wynn creation a few months prior to the Wynn and thought that was definitely worth the money. Much better course, better scenery, better service, etc. The Wynn is more of an experience and is cool to play at least once I guess especially since it'll likely go the way of the bulldozer in the next few years since that land is worth insane money to just have a golf course occupying it.....

I tried to respond to your PM, but it told me you were not set up to receive messages. I was going to respond that you pretty much listed my top 5 and that I would add Twin Creeks

http://www.twincreekscountryclub.com/golf.asp

I played at Las Vegas National last summer. It's much cheaper (I believe $80) and it's a great course. The biggest thing to remeber is that pretty much any course during the summer months in Vegas is going to be dry and hot. Spending $500 for a Vegas course during the hot months is insane. You can play Pebble for less than that.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

NOT WORRRRRRTH IT! 1, the room is $300 - 500 a night. and if you don't get a good rate, you're dropping $500...yes...that's called Pebble Beach money..2 rounds at pebble beach and your hotel stay!

The course is beautiful...but it's got that resort feel on the greens...you know that imported grass feeling... a GREAT course on the Vegas strip that you won't regret paying the price to play

BALI HAI...unbelievable course... if you want to drop $ too and drive 40 minutes... CASCATA is GOGEOUS!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!