IGNORED

2005 Fantasy League?

iacas
Note: This thread is 7018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I would like to do a "fantasy league" for the 2005 PGA Tour.

Something like this: every week, you pick three players. You earn their total prize winnings for the week. Maybe if they miss the cut you lose $250,000 or something... But anyway, we'd keep a running total and at the end of the year, we'd have a winner.

Not sure what that could turn into - in a year, the site could be far enough along that we could have prizes, etc. - but right now, I couldn't promise anything. There also aren't many of us around, so a competition between five people isn't too terribly interesting, is it?

Thoughts? Ideas? I'm not sure I'd have the time to write all of the code (PHP, MySQL if you're interested in helping out), but it could be fun...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play fantasy everything. And last year, I was quite good at fantasy golf. :) I love the idea. I would like to participate in lieu of my pending deployment (since it is up in the air). If I do go, so be it. If not, that sounds like a blast. And even if we are a small group, it is sometimes more fun amongst close friends. Bragging rights are prize enough for me.

Fantastic idea, Erik.

Oh yeah, count me in too. It sounds like a lot of fun. I remember something like this on sandbox dot com a while ago, but trashed that place due to all the spam they sent me.

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

• Administrator
OK, I've not created our own but I have created a group with ESPN. Here are some of the links you need:

Create a New Account
Main Fantasy Golf Page

The group is called "Sand Trap" and the password (it's a private group) is "bunker" (without quotes of course). If you have any trouble, PM or IM (AIM) me.

You can win quite a few prizes with this, and it's a system that's already "built."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good idea to go with an already built system. At work we use CBS Sportslines NCAA tournament system and it's pretty nice. I've never used ESPN's fantasy stuff, but I can't imagine that someone like ESPN could screw this up. :)

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

Alright chumps. This is my first time playing fantasy anything. Watch out for my beginner's luck! This 50 point cap sure is a pain.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator

If you join, make sure you set your roster or you won't be eligible for the first tournament (Mercedes). It's a double-points tournament, so make sure you fill your rosters.

I wish you could choose three people whose points totaled less than 50, but alas, you must pick four, so that rules out going with Woods, Els, and Singh.

Ben, we look forward to the challenge.

• Administrator

Crap shoot here too, and it's only about 40 players! Just wait until we get full fields from which to choose, eh?!

Just imagine, all of us picking Tiger and Ernie or Ernie and Phil and getting close to 50, while someone else fills his bucket with 4 unknowns who rate a total of 12.3, and those unknowns win or find top-10 spots. You could get a big lead that way.

I'm making no predictions on where I'll finish, but in the spirit of creating some competitive fire, I'll say "I'm gonna kick your butts!"

I think I've picked a pretty solid mix of players. Low and High. Watch out!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

It's showtime boys!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I'm a fantasy league newbie. Got a question. Can you pick any player for your foursome regardless whether or not someone else has that player. Any combo under the salary cap is fine, right?

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
I'm a fantasy league newbie. Got a question. Can you pick any player for your foursome regardless whether or not someone else has that player. Any combo under the salary cap is fine, right?

Right. You just have to have four. If you want to trade someone out, you have to choose his replacement right then. If you choose only three, your entry is rejected. Choose four. Any four.

• Administrator
I'm in if we do the " Seniors" and the " Juniors"

Join up! There isn't really a way to do it without creating a separate league, but there are only going to be ten to fifteen or so of us, so it'll be very easy to see by how much you're kicking our butts, geezer.

BTW, I'm 26 - which group should I be in?

Note: This thread is 7018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!