IGNORED

Bettinardi putters

Note: This thread is 6780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone tell me how Bettinardi products (specifically putters) are regarded? I'm somewhat new to golf, so I'm not too familiar with Bettinardi.

How do Ben Hogan (by Bettinardi) putters compare with Scotty Cameron putters? In terms of "mind share", when I think about "high-end" putters, Scotty Cameron is the name that comes to mind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hans.

Sign the slow play promise and petition

Can anyone tell me how Bettinardi products (specifically putters) are regarded? I'm somewhat new to golf, so I'm not too familiar with Bettinardi.

I would say Bettinardi's are just as unique as Scotty's. It depends though as far as what you are willing to spend. I personally do not care for the BH (Ben Hogan) Betti's. If you want Scotty quality stick with Betti's from Japan or from Todd Schumacher's site

www.tksputters.com . Todd's TKS site is the ultimate place for Bettinardi's.

Bettinardi putters are highly regarded by many. They look very nice. I know from listening to golf nuts for a while that Betts have a very good reputation and are well made. They belong to the high end putter family... Scotty Cameron, Bettinardi, and Slighter Putters. I'm sure there are a few more.

You probably can't go wrong with the right Bettinardi though, like Maverick, I'm not a huge Ben Hogan Bettinardi fan. Bettinardi and Ben Hogan Bettinardi's are different.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bettinardi putters are highly regarded by many. They look very nice. I know from listening to golf nuts for a while that Betts have a very good reputation and are well made. They belong to the high end putter family... Scotty Cameron, Bettinardi, and Slighter Putters. I'm sure there are a few more.

Thanks for the info (and to you, Maverick). Since I'm only starting to take golf more seriously, there's quite a bit of a learning curve in terms of equipment, reputations, and the like. I guess all of the million$$ that the large golf companies like Titleist, Callaway, and Taylormade does pay off in that those are the first names that come to mind when I think about equipment. In terms of putters, I never knew that there were other "high-end" putter manufacturers.

Thanks. Hans.

Thanks for the info (and to you, Maverick). Since I'm only starting to take golf more seriously, there's quite a bit of a learning curve in terms of equipment, reputations, and the like. I guess all of the million$$ that the large golf companies like Titleist, Callaway, and Taylormade does pay off in that those are the first names that come to mind when I think about equipment. In terms of putters, I never knew that there were other "high-end" putter manufacturers.

Hans,

The Bettinardi story is a pretty good one. Here is a short and brief rundown of Bettinardi Golf. Robert Bettinardis family's business is making parts for the DOD contracts. RJB started a milling operation for alot of Golf OEMs and became regarded as one of the best machinist millers in the Golf business. He then decided to start his own line of making putters. He hit it big in Japan and originally licensed his putters to Crewsgolf. Shikegi Maruyama's Dad's golf business. They have since parted ways and It is run as a standalone brand in Japan now. In the US, RJB has signed with Hogan as their putter supplier but he still does produce some Tour only and collector pieces without the Hogan name. The Bettinardi trademark is the "honeycomb" face created by a jewelers tool. Some people like it, some people don't.

Golfwrx.com

My dad has 5 betinnardis sitting at the house, and every left handed scotty made. I will take some pics tomorrow afternoon for everyone...my dad thinks that putters make you putt better.....hes terrible at putting so he is ALWAYS buying new putters.

My dad has 5 betinnardis sitting at the house, and every left handed scotty made. I will take some pics tomorrow afternoon for everyone...my dad thinks that putters make you putt better.....hes terrible at putting so he is ALWAYS buying new putters.

Your dad must have quite a bit of disposable income. I was looking at some of the prices for the Bettinardi putters - wow! Almost makes Scotty Cameron putters look relatively inexpensive.

Your dad must have quite a bit of disposable income. I was looking at some of the prices for the Bettinardi putters - wow! Almost makes Scotty Cameron putters look relatively inexpensive.

RJB has just come out with a very nice Stainless Hogan line. You can also fine "classic" bettinardis for around $100-$150.. The retail products are comparable to Scotty as they are both in the higher end of the putter market. The value of Scotty Tour putters are significantly higher than comparable RJBs.

Golfwrx.com

This is my one and only Betti:

courtesy of www.tksputters.com

The story goes that they gave these away during the Mercedes Championship PRO-AM. I got mine on Ebay. I've thought about selling it but it's such a cool putter and has the MB logo etched on the bottom and I'm a MB fan. I have the original headcover too.

Note: This thread is 6780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!