IGNORED

What is wrong with the golf Channel ???

kregan
Note: This thread is 5852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Of course I don't, probably not even close. I didn't mean it would help MY game, but rather it would help me learn more about golf in general...

Well, in the interest of your continuing education, let me tell ya how it usually works.

The caddie will hold up three fingers for an 8-iron. A pitching wedge is five fingers (as is a five-iron). A 4-iron is 4 fingers, just like a 9. Sand wedges are closed fists. Or, of course, the caddie will sometimes just tell the guy walking along, but they're usually not close enough. A lot of the times, too, caddies will lie. I've been a few feet from a guy hitting a 4-iron, and I watched his caddie flash one finger (six-iron), which is what the announcer said on the telecast. So, yeah, beware of that, too. Watching golf is a great way to learn. You may want to watch the LPGA Tour more, though - I always find that it's a bit more "realistic" for us average golfers and you can learn a bit more from them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After watching a little more you are right, they did start to say pitching wedge.

I would be more interested to know what wedge they are using around the greens like 30 yards and in so I could watch the feet, hands, arms, ball placement etc. to see how they hit different shots.
Color me a bit confused - why would knowing what a pro hits on a 130-yard par three help you? Do you hit your pitching wedge the same distance as the average PGA Tour pro?

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Iacas is right - I have heard pro's state the often times the numbers are padded when it comes to what the pro's actually hit vs. what the telecasters say- as well... they hit down on the ball in such a way that it de-lofts the club - watch a swing vision of Boo Weekly and you will see what I mean. Most guys i saw were playing TPC's 17th with a 9 iron. also - remember whatever you hit if you play there is meaningless...let us not forget the wind and what affect grandstand placement can have the gusts on any given day

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

Note: This thread is 5852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!