IGNORED

finding clubs

obsessedgolfer
Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. finding clubs

• keep it
    • turn it in to lost and found
    • depends on the club

I don't think much of people who pick up potentially live balls either.

So i am guessing I am not the only one to have people picking up balls on my fairway while i am walking up for my my next shot. I guess if they hit onto the wrong fairway everything there must belong to them.......

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i am guessing I am not the only one to have people picking up balls on my fairway while i am walking up for my my next shot. I guess if they hit onto the wrong fairway everything there must belong to them.......

You are far from being alone there.

I cannot believe that I have to tell guys I play with to leave the ball alone.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

and to boot you are on the tee ready to tee off and they just come in your fairway and think they are next up for their shot......

...... when I have done this or do this I always wait off the fairway normally behind a tree and let all tee off before even heading toward my ball

Turn them in.

Let me know if you find a 5 and 7 Titliest CB740 irons and a brand new Ping 60* lob wedge (6 months old now).

Left it in a cleaning bucket at the range, then got a phone call, left without them.

I'm pretty sure the Ping lob wedge was the reason for them not being turned in.

Oh well, you will have to deal with the golf gods, not me.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Frankly, considering this is a game of integrity, I cannot believe that this is a thread. You don't keep any club that you find. Anyone who would do that is____ (fill in the negative adjective). Having said that, I'm sure I'll get railed for keeping all the golf balls I find.

I had my whole bag stolen once. It tore me up, especially since I just completed my bag. I was pissed off. I can't believe anyone would be tempted to steal clubs.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

I'm not gonna lie.....

I would keep the club............

til the end of my round, then turn it in to the pro shop :P

gotcha!

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Why not rephrase the question thus:

Thank you Lefty. Because that is exactly what they are!! Whoever is the one that voted "keep it", I pity you. Somehow, the true meaning and culture of this great game has completely escaped you!! One of the main reasons I play is because this is one of the last bastions of civilized competition, where rules and courtesy mean something. Not this rude, anything to win, "all for me" culture that we have become. If I sound like a dinosaur, so be it.

"You're not good enough to get mad. Enjoy the round." Arnold Palmer to Jim Leyland.

Driver: Taylormade r5 80 10.5
Irons: Taylormade RAC OS 3-PW True temper reg flex
Hybrid: Nike Rescue 18* graphite stiff flexWedge: Taylormade RAC 56* satinWedge: Cleveland Tour Action 60*Putter: Odyssey White...

Ever been in a course pro-shop and see a bunch of used wedges for sale? Where do you think those came from?

Or how about the "used ball" bucket...$1 a ball?

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

Ever been in a course pro-shop and see a bunch of used wedges for sale? Where do you think those came from?

Are you rationalizing stealing somebody's clubs, because if you don't take it, the course will?

How weak is that? If you turn it in at the course you give the owner an opportunity to recover - I'm guessing at minimum clubs are held onto for claim at least a couple months before they go up for sale. But even if they didn't it wouldn't change the fact that you, personally, rob yourself of honor if you take something that doesn't belong to you.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Used wedges? I would think they were trade ins. Used ball buckets? Balls dredged out of water hazards would be my guess.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Are you rationalizing stealing somebody's clubs, because if you don't take it, the course will?

I work as a starter part time and we have a bin for lost clubs in the starter booth. When that get filled, they are moved to a box in the cart garage back of the Pro shop. There are 2 boxes, and when both get filled up the one with older clubs is emptied and most of the clubs are donated to local junior golf programs. They have been lying around for at least a couple of months by that time, so the owners have had plenty of time to come looking.

The used balls are all dredged up by a ball recovery service that contracts for the job, and they all come from the ponds on the course. To answer the question... I would never, ever consider keeping a club found on the course.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I had a friend that kept a really nice 8 iron. Taylor made RAC TP I think. I didn't have a problem with it because he found it in the woods. We were one of the only groups on the course. He hits his tee shot and it somehow found the trees along the right side. We both were looking for it and he calls me over and under a good amount of brush is this club.

In the most literal sense this is the same as leaving a club next to the green. However, I think the location gives some room for interpretation. I didn't have a problem with him keeping it, but if it were a wedge next to the green I would have.

I had a friend that kept a really nice 8 iron. Taylor made RAC TP I think. I didn't have a problem with it because he found it in the woods. We were one of the only groups on the course. He hits his tee shot and it somehow found the trees along the right side. We both were looking for it and he calls me over and under a good amount of brush is this club.

Still, you don't know if it might have been left by someone who carried a couple of clubs into the trees so he had the option of what club to play, then left one club behind by accident when leaving the area. You and your friend are just making up excuses to ease your conscience for doing what you know you shouldn't. Just because a club isn't left by the green doesn't mean that it wasn't lost by accident.

IMO, no matter what the circumstances, you still turn it in.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Still, you don't know if it might have been left by someone who carried a couple of clubs into the trees so he had the option of what club to play, then left one club behind by accident when leaving the area. You and your friend are just making up excuses to ease your conscience for doing what you know you shouldn't. Just because a club isn't left by the green doesn't mean that it wasn't lost by accident.

I understand the view and probably agree. However, my conscience is clean as I didn't (and never have) take the club. At worst I am guilty of being an enabler.

I guess I draw a moral distinction because the club was in a place where it couldn't be reasonably found. And I look at it from my perspective, as in if I lost it. I think if I leave a club by the green, it is a bonehead move but a common one, woods not so much. Here is the idea that I posited to my friend: The club was found in the trees roughly an 8 iron's distance from the green. The guy shanked his second shot and tossed his club...Since he was nowhere near us, (we were playing as a twosome, and the nearest group was two holes ahead) it clearly falls under discarded property.

I would never keep a club I found...just throwing out some thoughts to consider.

Am I rationalizing...no...but it does raise an interesting question. Let me ask this...what if I simply left a note with the pro-shop of where the club may be picked up? How long until I may simply keep it? OR Should I leave my name with the club, and if no one picks it up after a given amount of time...finder's keepers?

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

what would you do if you found the club of your dreams on the course.

just this weekend,I found and returned a pinseeker p-wedge to its owner. The owner, of course didn't even know he lost it.

They ought to invent some sort of Radio Freq Device for golf clubs, so if you get more that 20 yards from it, it beeps.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

I find it shameful that anyone would consider keeping a club they find. This post smells of trolls

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!