IGNORED

What does your CLOTHING say about you?

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I haven't read the entire thread, but here is my take. Unless you are at some upscale private club where you are trying to impress your guests or clients, who cares?

We all have opinions, it's just a matter of whether or not we choose to express them. I personally don't "care" enough what people wear. Nonetheless, I still have an opinion.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think sleeve-less are terrible for any sport which is not Rock Climbing or Beach Volleyball, but I'm not too picky about what people wear.

This might sound terrible, but unfortunately it’s true. I've seen VERY ugly guys in their slacks and collar shirts who think they just look perfect for the game. I'm sure I look better in a pink g-string thong and an orange tie than they do dressed like that. I guess that's one of those snobbish old-school golf things I have never been able to understand. I still don’t know why someone should be called a gentleman for using slacks and a vagrant for using shorts. Am I a gentleman if my shorts are Armani? Are K-Mart slacks worth to be called a gentleman as well? Would it be ok to go in a Tuxedo?

At the end it's not a matter of what you use but how you look. I've seen Tiger in a non-collar shirt a couple of times looking great. I’ve seen a lot “properly dresses” looking horrendous.

I think it’s a matter of what you feel confortable with. Yes, of course, there are some basic rules (please leave the pink g-string thong out lol), but shouldn’t go over the boundaries. No sleeve-less as I mentioned, maybe no trainers, but a nice collar less t-shirt can do the trick perfectly well. You can go to the Cannes Festival with a Tee and a jacket so I guess it won’t be much a problem for my $50 buck golf course, won’t you agree?

Cheers…

At the end it's not a matter of what you use but how you look. I've seen Tiger in a non-collar shirt a couple of times looking great.

Mock turtlenecks are almost universally accepted on golf courses. They look significantly better than a gap tee shirt.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• 3 weeks later...
To me its the same thing as a dirty car, not being well groomed, or anything else. It is an extension of who we are as people. I like golf clothes and the different looks that I can put together. I go WAY overboard by buying shoes to coincide with my outfits, but that is just me. But tradition is tradition. Jeans and tee shirts were not allowed, just like other parts of ettiquite with this great game of ours. All should be respected. By dressing nice on the course, it is not to impress anyone like some are saying. Its just an extension of me the individual.

I think your attire speaks very little about a person. Hygiene says a lot more. Judging a person based on what they wear says more about you than them.

Until recently, orange plaid and canary yellow double knit polyester was acceptable on the golf course. It hasn't been that long since blacks weren't allowed. So much for the noble and honourable traditions of golf.

Wear whatever the course allows, which is the same policy for restaurants or any other establishment. It's up to the course or whatever, to set their minimum standards. As long as you're within those standards, what's the problem?

Nobody said judging people. I said it was an extension of who you are as a person. The same reason other factors come into play. I dress up in nice clothes because it makes ME feel better and I like the way I look, not for others.

I used to dress the traditional way when I was dead serious about the game.
All of you are going to hate me from my reading of this thread...I am the guy who wears cut-off shirts and baggy shorts. Even with my profession (special ed. teacher), I still prefer to dress comfortable to me. After all, I am also a biker and musician. I do call ahead and check for dress codes, but when they say "no code", I always wear the tanks.
Tradition is a wonderful thing, but I personally think there are more important aspects of tradition such as courtesy and mannerisms on the course.
Then again, you are nto going to see me playing at a nice club or private course, so I'm one up on the guys who wear cut-off jean shorts :>)

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

Poor college student. I'm pretty sure that's what it says about me. Not like I care though, because I golf at a cheap 9 hole hometown course.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

I live in arizona, so khaki shorts, my old beat up callaway hat, and a loose fitting collared shirt. Lots of sunscreen

Big Cart Bag:

R7 Quad 11.5*
200Steel 5wood 15*
Baffler Hybrid 18* R7 Draw Irons 3-AW Tour Action 56* / 60* Dual Force 990 Pro V1/x

My wife tells me everyday that my clothes say one thing about me.

"I'm Polish."

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!