IGNORED

i am sick of the golf media

obsessedgolfer
Note: This thread is 5823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ever since Tigers injury every week the golf media has been saying that the person who wins that week is the next tiger and i am kind of getting sick of it.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Every tournament has too much hype on Tiger. I'd love to see them for a whole year, focus on another player like a no name or someone not as big as Tiger, and do all the things they do for Tiger for him, give him a good ammount of coverage. Treat him like a Tiger.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
They're always trying to make a new Tiger challenger. After all, they realize that Tiger winning all the time can be boring, too. Duels sell. '77 at Turnberry with Tiger and Phil at Torrey Pines would be ratings city.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Every tournament has too much hype on Tiger. I'd love to see them for a whole year, focus on another player like a no name or someone not as big as Tiger, and do all the things they do for Tiger for him, give him a good ammount of coverage.

I agree there is too much hyping of Woods. The Golf Channel does it because they get paid (by Nike and other advertisers) to hype him. The foolish people out there awarding him tournaments before they are even played bugs me (like they did with the Masters and they are doing with the US Open). Sergio has a far better chance of winning the US Open (with his strong driving accuracy and short game). The clueless media may have spent more time during the Players Championship referencing Woods (who wasn't even in the field) then they did talking about Garcia who was leading most of the tournament.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

I'd really like to see Phil and Tiger go at it at Torrey Pines like they did at TPC Boston. They played three rounds, together. Tiger made a charge, Phil recovered from a bad shot, made some great putts and won.

Phil's 2nd shot on 18 today was incredible. 52* SW from 121 yards, over some trees, to 9 feet. Great putt, too. The only negative was the idiot who jumped into the lake.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Sergio has a far better chance of winning the US Open (with his strong driving accuracy and short game)

I don't buy this. Sure, Sergio's driving accuracy is superior to Tiger, but that's it. Until he shows that he can putt well enough on US Open Greens to win, I would never say he has a

far better chance of winning one over Tiger or even Phil. To me, the odds of one of them hitting enough GIR from the rough to win are higher than Sergio sinking enough 10 footers.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Note: This thread is 5823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!