IGNORED

First round of golf EVAR

elementz
Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I shot my first real round of golf today...I have went before but only the local par 3 course. I went out with the boys today and shot a 105 on a par 69 course, which was much better than I thought. I took 2 mulligans alltogether though.

Highlight of my day was the 16th hole, a 145 yd par 3 and I shot my first par ever. Overall I was pretty consistent with a 52 on the front nine and a 53 on the back nine. I only had 3 real bad holes where I shot an 8, 9, 9 respectively. Those were all par 5's which killed me today. I just dont have the distance. My last 4 holes were decent with a bogey, par, bogey, bogey.

Also to add, the slope rating is 104 and the course rating is 68. Not sure what any of that means but I will look it up. Off to supper now but just thought I would share my first game.

Congrats on playing, hopefully you keep it up, you have a long golf life ahead of you if you enjoy it.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

That's a nice score to start with. Keep the good work!

I'll second that indeed. I know when I first took up the game I spent some time in the 110+ area for a while. I've been playing now for three years, and I can say it just gets better and more enjoyable as time goes on.

I joined my first league this year and have watched my game improve immensely since joining. This is one hobby/sport where I can honestly say that practice will make you a much better player. Good Luck and hit them straight!
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

Thanks guys. I am hoping to head out at least a dozen times this year and try and get a lesson or 3. I have been using my 3/5 wood off the tee and can hit it pretty straight. My irons is where I have a lot of trouble, I just can't get the distance on them. For accuracy I am getting there. My putting was very very good in that round. I was sinking 5-10 foot putts like nothing.

Now, I can't wait to get out again :)

Went to a different course yesterday and shot the exact same score, 105...the only bad thing is that it was a short course, par 64 with no par 5's. I thought I played much worse as I could never get a good feel for hitting the ball. My putting couldn't save me like it did last time, they were always off by inches or rimming around the cup. The only saving grace for me was my chipping to the green from ~10-30 yards out were very good for my standards. I was getting the proper distance and landing them within 10 feet of the hole.

Not sure when I will be out again, have a golf date in 2 weeks from now and will be using power carts for the first time. It's supposed to be a challenging course with arguably 2 of the toughest finishing holes in my province. I am looking forward to it :)

My putting couldn't save me like it did last time, they were always off by inches or rimming around the cup. The only saving grace for me was my chipping to the green from ~10-30 yards out were very good for my standards. I was getting the proper distance and landing them within 10 feet of the hole.

That's a good short game! If your putting is just off by inches or you are "rimming around the cup" (I'd call that "lipping out"

) then you are doing just fine for your level. And getting the ball within 10 feet of the hole on chips isn't bad either! Two putts from there at worst and you should start seeing scores below 100 before you know it. Keep playing, and then get a lesson or two. Huge gains can be made early.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!