IGNORED

Top Gear, the best show on TV

Ben
Note: This thread is 4755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Quote:

I think you may be the first, and only, person to prefer US Top Gear over the BBC one.

Not sure what makes you think they love British cars over anything else, in part because there are hardly any left! If you are referring to the classic British sports car challenge (Series 15, episode 6 - thanks Wikipedia!) then that was utterly tongue in cheek and they were mocking them throughout.

My thoughts pretty much exactly. I will say that they do love Land Rover and Jaguar, but not unconditionally. They are willing to call any crappy car crap if that's what it is. Also, in the Bolivia episode that uttexas embedded above, at the end of the episode when Jeremy's Land Rover proves the most reliable during the trip, they exclaim something to the effect of, "the world's least reliable car has proven to be... the world's most reliable car. It's totally tongue in cheek. Also, I want to add that I think that the presenters on the US version love American cars much more than the UK presenters love British cars.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Love the show....am rewatching Season 4 right now on the 'puter.  Clarkson just kills me with his joking jabs at americans and his unabashed bragging and love for the Aston Martin DB9.

I never tire of watching this show.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit.  I never checked out this part of the forum before and now I'm sorry.  This is my most favorite show ever!  I used to watch clips of them online reviewing cars and recently I found them all on netflix so I've been going through all of them.  I can't believe that the stig was retired this season, but they said they had Tiff Needell teach their stars in a reasonably priced car.  I'm not sure if anyone used to watch Fifth Gear, where he was originally from, but I like that show even more.  Those guys are great.

White Stig was sacked for revealing his real name.  If you watch the earlier seasons he is actually on it a lot without his helmet as a stunt driver.  "the Car/Football episode, and racing a Skateboarder down a hill among others"

Originally Posted by nuck81

White Stig was sacked for revealing his real name.  If you watch the earlier seasons he is actually on it a lot without his helmet as a stunt driver.  "the Car/Football episode, and racing a Skateboarder down a hill among others"

Yup. Ben Collins.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Anyone else a Top Gear fan?

It's pretty much the only show I watch besides MASH reruns, lol (I don't watch much television).  US Top Gear doesn't even remotely come close to UK Top Gear either, all three hosts don't seem very natural in front of the camera.

Originally Posted by moparman426

It's pretty much the only show I watch besides MASH reruns, lol (I don't watch much television).  US Top Gear doesn't even remotely come close to UK Top Gear either, all three hosts don't seem very natural in front of the camera.

Oh, the US hosts are terrible.  Tanner Foust is a great driver and all, but he's terrible on camera and just doesn't know how to speak dynamically.  I used to watch another show he did, Supercars Exposed, and he was really bad there too.  I just love cars so I watch anyways

I don't think the U.S. one is that bad. Not as great as the British one, but not bad. They still occasionally do pretty cool challenges, and that's really my favorite part anyway.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 4755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!