IGNORED

Draw/Fade

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I now have a slight fade with all my clubs. What method they use to fade/draw the ball on purpose. I've read and watched many youtube sources and was wondering which one is most popular. I've tried opening/closing my clubface but more often than not the ball would travel straight at the direction I am facing. Do I need to be using a high spin ball and a more workable club? I'm using Ping Eye2's and practice range balls.

« Keith »

The most common method I believe is setting the clubface down square to the target, and then aim you body 10-15 yards (or however much you want to draw it) to the right. Then just take your normal swing along your foot line. THe in-to-out that this causes combined with the closed clubface should make you hit a draw. The same is used for a fade, just reverse it.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

For me it's the stance, open to fade close to draw. To equalize the natural fade simple move your left foot 3-5 inches forward and use your normal swing. It works if your mind will let it.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

How about ball position? Same as how you would hit normally?

For a draw, the ball should be back of center. Depends on your pendulum. Where do you usually play the ball?

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

For a draw, the ball should be back of center. Depends on your pendulum. Where do you usually play the ball?

Depends on my club.

« Keith »

For a fade I aim my feet at where I want to start my shot and aim my shoulders at the target after my alignment I take a normal grip and start my swing on the outside. Works well for me

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

When i want to draw i use a strong grip and a flatter swing,for a fade i use a weaker grip and a more upright swing,i used to use the open and closed stance but now i find i don't have to.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

A draw is easy for me, all I do is aim straight at my target, with my right foot, pivot on the right heel and point your toes more open. about 2 inches. worked like a charm today drove about 30 yards before the green and it rolled off the back to the fringe. Drove ~310 with it. Also make sure you swing inside out to get the right spin. good luck.

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

The most common method I believe is setting the clubface down square to the target, and then aim you body 10-15 yards (or however much you want to draw it) to the right. Then just take your normal swing along your foot line. THe in-to-out that this causes combined with the closed clubface should make you hit a draw. The same is used for a fade, just reverse it.

I agreee with Jimmy the most common (and in my view best way) to shape the ball is to aim the club face where you want the ball to finish, and align your body (shoulders, hips, and feet) at the farthest point away from the target you want the ball to travel.

How about ball position? Same as how you would hit normally?

The ball position shouldn't change from its normal position relative to your body at address. By moving the ball position you are tossing more variables into your swing, and increase your chance of a mishit.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

I hit my first intentional fade today with a PW, around a single huge pine tree between my lie and the green. I didn't quite make it onto the green (hopped up and settled on the fringe) but I was happy with how it turned out. I turned my stance left of the target and opened the club face and took a normal swing and it curved nicely left to right.

I'll definitely have to try practicing this in the future!

Yep, remember the more lofted the clubface the harder it is to draw/fade. If you try it too much with shorter irons you could end up with a nasty slice rather than a fade.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!