IGNORED

US Open Pairings

TCCcaddie
Note: This thread is 5812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who cares about the pairings. All you are going to see is every shot Tiger and Phil hit. Thats all that matters in golf, right?

I dont think Tiger will make the cut. He hasnt played since Augusta and i think he'll shoot 2 x 80+. This is not some run of the mill tour event, this is the US Open where conditions are arguably their hardest.

The last time Tiger missed the cut was because his father passed away. This time, it's because of a knee surgery which he has always come out strong. And as was said, Tiger owns Torrey Pines. Not sure he'll be leading after the first 2 rounds but he'll definitely make the cut

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I was just watching the hockey game and they announced that the pairings for the first two rounds was going to be decided by world ranking. So in one group its players 1, 2, and 3, which is Tiger, Phil, and Adam Scott. Then 4, 5, and 6 and so on. You guys think that this is a good idea?

I love it!!!!!

I'm off next Wednesday and Thursday. Gonna play in a little match with some gents from work on Wenesday. Thursday my son and I will walk 9 and then get home to watch the 11:00am coverage!!!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Anyone from england, you know what channels the golf going to be showing, just sky or are BBC getting some. if not off to the golf course to watch it.

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

The course will be packed following Tiger and Phil!!! Not good for the other players to be honest!!!

RIP Our Brave Little Baby Callam Liu, Still Born 12.37pm, 30th October 2007

- VR Cavity irons
- R7 Driver
- V Steel (2006) Fairway (3 Wood)- V Steel (2006) Fairway (5 Wood)- Rescue Mid Fairway (19 Degrees)- Titleist Vokey (Lob Wedge)- Scotty Cameron (Putter)

Anyone from england, you know what channels the golf going to be showing, just sky or are BBC getting some. if not off to the golf course to watch it.

It's just Sky, as far as I'm aware.

But look on the bright side - at least it's not Setanta. If it was you'd have (a) sh*t coverage and (b) you'd have to pay a sub to watch it on satellite, cable or BT Vision - I don't know of any clubs that have Setanta but you may. And (c) you wouldn't see the ends of any of the 4 rounds because it's in California and 6pm there is 2am here. That may still be the case with Sky, of course, but you could have some mates who have it.

I dont think Tiger will make the cut. He hasnt played since Augusta and i think he'll shoot 2 x 80+. This is not some run of the mill tour event, this is the US Open where conditions are arguably their hardest.

He played the course, recently, riding a cart. According to Hank, he played pretty well and spent some time hitting out of the rough. To give an idea of how the rough was, he used a 5W to a green that was 165 yards, away. With the pairings being this way, such a dilemna: following your favorite golfer or picking some favorite holes and watch guys go through.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

It's just Sky, as far as I'm aware.

yeah true, hadnt though about it, off to some pub with the father then.(Friends who would let me in there house at two, wouldnt want me to watch golf and TBH i probably wouldnt be in a fit state)

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

The course will be packed following Tiger and Phil!!! Not good for the other players to be honest!!!

I'm going to stay away from that group (mob).

In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

Oh, I cant wait for this US Open! I love the Tiger and Phil pairing. As much as I don't think Tigers gonna win(thats not saying I don't want him to), I would love to see the worlds top two duking it out side by side in the first couple rounds. But then again there's a lot of players I like to watch. Oh, what the heck, its gonna be a great four days no matter what.

Im gonna go Craigslist for some tix, I don't care if I can't afford em, haha.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I'm hoping that we get as good action from Phil and Tiger, this coming week, as we did at TPC Boston. That was really good back and forth action. Too bad Brett Wetterich's putting stunk that weekend. Otherwise, the last two days would have been that much better.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I like it. Nothing wrong with a little extra drama during rounds 1 and 2. I don't envy people trying to follow the group however. Obviously ESPN loves it! Ditto on what others said on Chris Berman.

So... what's the over/under on how many words Tiger and Phil will say to each other? Adam Scott might be very popular

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I don't like pairing Phil and Tiger at all.
If they have a showdown, let them earn it and face each other on Sunday.
This is the lamest ratings ploy by ABC/ESPN ever.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• Administrator
I don't like pairing Phil and Tiger at all.

You seem to be almost alone in that opinion.

The number of Tiger-Phil showdowns can be counted on one hand. You call it a ratings ploy; I call it "giving the fans what they want."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You seem to be almost alone in that opinion.

I can handle it.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I can understand the pairing but if Tiger comes in on a bum wheel and beats Phil by 5 strokes....

Someone will have to take Phil's belt and shoe strings lest he hangs himself.

Andrew

I'm actually indifferent about the pairings. I think the rating will go up with it though. I think Tiger will do better than most folks think. It's MHO that he is sandbaggin' it alittle "I'm only 80%" "he used a cart"...come Thursday - He will have his game face on and play the pants off most folks.

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

Oh, I cant wait for this US Open! I love the Tiger and Phil pairing. As much as I don't think Tigers gonna win(thats not saying I don't want him to), I would love to see the worlds top two duking it out side by side in the first couple rounds. But then again there's a lot of players I like to watch. Oh, what the heck, its gonna be a great four days no matter what.

are you going? i just got my sunday tickets via fedex. woooty.

Note: This thread is 5812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!