IGNORED

US Open Pairings

TCCcaddie
Note: This thread is 5812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was just watching the hockey game and they announced that the pairings for the first two rounds was going to be decided by world ranking. So in one group its players 1, 2, and 3, which is Tiger, Phil, and Adam Scott. Then 4, 5, and 6 and so on. You guys think that this is a good idea?

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

• Administrator

ESPN likes the idea! People will actually watch the first few rounds. Now if only we could get rid of Chris Berman...

But anyway, seriously, I think it's a good idea. The crowds following Tiger can't get much bigger anyway, and I think it'll help him to play against Phil and Adam (as it will help them).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Who can argue against a Tiger/Phil/Scott pairing? That's good stuff! Like Erik said, the golf will probably end up being better as well. It will be interesting to see how Adam Scott performs under the double pressure of playing with Tiger and Lefty. If he has a couple good rounds to start the week, it may propel him to the win.

Unfortunately, I have to go down the list quite a bit to find who Charles Howell III will be playing with the first two days.

Well there are two sides to that coin though. There will be huge crowds that go to see those first couple of groups, but many of the ameteur qualifiers and other lesser known golfers who get the chance to play in this great event and get the exposure by playing with bigger name players get that oppurtunity taken away and they play in groupings that will not get alot of airtime and attendence. But it will draw $, which is really what it comes down to.

3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

• Administrator
Well there are two sides to that coin though. There will be huge crowds that go to see those first couple of groups, but many of the ameteur qualifiers and other lesser known golfers who get the chance to play in this great event and get the exposure by playing with bigger name players get that oppurtunity taken away and they play in groupings that will not get alot of airtime and attendence. But it will draw $, which is really what it comes down to.

That doesn't make sense. They didn't say they were ordering the pairings that way, just making them that way.

I imagine 1, 2, 3 will be play the morning, 4, 5, 6 will play the afternoon, and so on down the line.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well the way they had shown it on the hockey game looked like 1, 2, 3 would go then 4, 5, 6 and so on but it didnt show tee times. And that is the only info that i am going off of right now. So i hope that they will do it the way that you explained because that makes more sense, which they probably will.

I think i prefer the tradition of the ametuer champions playing with the worlds top golfers. It what motivates me to get better so that i can win a USGA ametuer championship one day and get to play in a major with phil or tiger. Thumbs down to this idea...
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

ESPN likes the idea! People will actually watch the first few rounds.

Yeah. It would be even more interesting to watch the first few days. I agree about about Chris Berman too, ugh.

I just want to see my boy Bubba do well again. Dude has been shooting mid to high 70's the past few weeks. Eeeek!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
I think i prefer the tradition of the ametuer champions playing with the worlds top golfers. It what motivates me to get better so that i can win a USGA ametuer championship one day and get to play in a major with phil or tiger. Thumbs down to this idea...

You're my age and an 8.4? Give up the dream, man, it ain't happenin'.

About the only thing I miss is trying to figure out some of the, uhhmmm... "reasons" behind some of the pairings.

Im so excitied about going. It is going to be so amazing. I'm going to follow my boy Geoff Ogilvy

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I do not like it one bit.My reasons are as follows #1 wht all of a sudden do we change the draw just for ESPN? #2 Do they realize how much of the audience they will lose after that group is done?#3 I allways liked the idea of #1 and #2 being oppisite as far as late and early the first 2 days.But with that being said I am sure ESPN paid a lot to get that pairing so golf sells its ass also.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

The 2007 U.S. Amateur Champion, Colt Knost, turned pro already. By doing that, he forfeited his right at an automatic exemption into the majors. He failed to qualify on his own, so the current U.S. Amateur Champ won't be playing this year's event. I'm not sure if that's one of the reasons they changed it up, but it could be. I imagine it's just about the viewership and money though, and it makes sense.

I am going Thursday and love the idea. I followed Phil on his first round at Sawgrass and that gallary was insane there. Cannot even imagine what it will be like with him & Tiger in same group. I am glad I am 6'2 so I will be able to see over all the short people. Gonna be an epic day!

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

Im so excitied about going. It is going to be so amazing. I'm going to follow my boy Geoff Ogilvy

He's got a good chance to win, people overlook him but he is very tough minded and when playing well can win the Open (obviously), in fact he should be one of the favorites with Tiger being an unknown at this time.

The pairings are unbelievable, made for TV ratings, it's going to create a huge buzz the first two days no doubt.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

You're my age and an 8.4? Give up the dream, man, it ain't happenin'.

Bookmarked!

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I am on pins and needles waiting for next thursday to come around!

In my Grom Bag

R7 Draw Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
R7 Draw HybridR7 Irons Ball e5+White HotXG 2 Ball

I dont think Tiger will make the cut. He hasnt played since Augusta and i think he'll shoot 2 x 80+. This is not some run of the mill tour event, this is the US Open where conditions are arguably their hardest.

I dont think Tiger will make the cut. He hasnt played since Augusta and i think he'll shoot 2 x 80+. This is not some run of the mill tour event, this is the US Open where conditions are arguably their hardest.

wow settle down there. Keep in mind Tiger just doesn't loose at Torey Pines, he loves the course. I can guarantee that Tiger WILL make the cut.

Note: This thread is 5812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!