IGNORED

Club Selection question from an EXTREME novice

Gorio
Note: This thread is 5814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, so far I have been lurking on the Sand Trap. Time to dive in with my first question. Before you guys go off on me, please realize, I haven't a clue that's why I am asking this question and SEEKING the advice of this community.

I have in my bag the following clubs: Driver, 3H, 5H, 4I-9I, AW, PW, LW, SW, Putter. Now here's my delimna, I have a huge distance gap between my Driver and my 3H...I know I could use a Fairway wood...but what in my bag can I stand to give up?

Fire away...I am listening.

I'd have to say get rid of one of the wedges, most preferably the Lob Wedge, although it is a great wedge, I think you can do the same things with it with the SW or the AW.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Well I am new as well...lurking for awhile, I think that this site is a great place to learn and I have a very similar question. I only have 13 clubs at the moment, and I am not sure what I should add, because I feel like I am wasting space. I carry Driver, 2-9, PW, SW, LW and putter. I hit my 2 iron farly well, and
I have always had problems with hybrids and fairway woods...I consider myself pretty good from off the green, and I think I would benifit from another wedge, but like the feel of having all the same set, and If i got a new wedge it would feel out of place (very ocd'ish, I know)...So I was thinking of a 3W....should I just order a wedge from ping? I heard they will replace 1 club from an original set, but this particular set did not have the other wedge.

Am I crazy?

As for the question...I think if you have trouble with the distance shots, you would get more out of a fairway wood, but I don't know much...

if i were you use a Driver , 3 Wood. one Hybrid. 4Iron to PW. a 60 degree mabye. and a putter. Thats all I use and it works for me.......

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

I would lose the 4 iron, and keep the wedges. I play with 3, 52, 56 and 60 degree, and I would be lost without them.

Tour Burner TP
r7 Fairway Woods
r7 TP Irons/RAC TP Wedges
White Hot XG Sabertooth Putter

I'm a total beginner.

Right now all I use:
3-Wood
5-Iron
7-Iron
9-Iron
PW
SW
Putter

That's it. And I rarely, RARELY use the Sand Wedge.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

We all probably have too many clubs. I've heard anecdotes where a club had a day were everyone played with just a 7i (maybe a putter too) and most people shot better than their normal score. Last winter the courses here were too wet to hit irons, so my bag was driver, 5w, 7w, 9w, SW, and putter. I actually beat my personal best several times with this bag, and with weather that would rival Scotland in February.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

i would either lose the 5hybrid or the AW for a 3 wood. the lob wedge in my opinion is more important than the AW. the AW is between the PW and SW, just use your PW with a 70% swing and you get the distance for your AW.
i wouldn't even bother with taking out your high irons. they may come in handy for longer par 3s.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

easy, get rid of the one you use the least...

you're a novice. you don't need that many clubs. learn to swing the ones you got.

=]

good luck

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

Note: This thread is 5814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!