IGNORED

Howdy from San Diego

Hellisan
Note: This thread is 5781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I found this place whilst searching for tips on breaking 100, so that tells you about where I am as a golfer. I've broken 100 twice (95, 98). .

I'm based in San Diego County, CA.

My "home course" if you will is San Vicente Country Club in Ramona, CA. It's a pretty tough course but enjoyable once you know it. I've been playing since late 2005, and have probably put in about 25-30 rounds since then. My 98 came there, the 95 came at Encinitas Ranch (much more forgiving) in my only time playing there.

I feel as though I've made some progress based simply on the tips that I've read here. Pretty much the only reason I signed up was to thank the various members who have taken their time to post such great tips in the breaking 100, breaking 90 threads. That's awesome stuff. Thanks everybody.

On an unrelated note, I also feel as if I've finally gotten the feel of casting late, after my hip turn brings my arms down. I'm a self-taught golfer and I really don't think I can afford lessons, so I just try and make a real short, simple back swing and keep to the basics I've read in books.

Hope to continue making progress and one day be a sub 10 handicap.

Bryan,
San Diego

First off, welcome to the forum! You will definitely find plenty of help here at The Sand Trap.

Second, do you post at some NCAA/Madden forums? Your username is pretty darn familiar. I've been visiting those places for awhile.

Anyway, it's good to have you here either way. Are you going to check out any of the U.S. Open this week?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First off, welcome to the forum! You will definitely find plenty of help here at The Sand Trap.

Thanks for the welcome man! That is pretty surprising that you guys would recognize me, yes I do post on some Madden/NCAA forums. I was a long-time forum moderator/administrator at MaddenMania. We recently "joined forces" (were acquired by) Operation Sports -

www.operationsports.com - and I write a few articles for them now just for fun, but I'm not quite as involved in the day to day anymore. Really looking forward to NCAA Football and online dynasties. Sadly, I won't be going to the US Open. Busy this week and then have plans all weekend (mostly involving golf :) ) But I will watch it all on my Tivo. Thanks again man.
Recognize then name from MM also. Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome bro. Yeah, we have a pretty rowdy forum over there at times, give each other a lot of junk, etc. This is a lot different and I can appreciate the great look/feel of the forums and the way people interact here.

edit: Hey, another San Diegan! Nice!

Another fellow Diegan. Welcome to the forums!
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Welcome to the Sand Trap! You'll love it here, trust me. Also, you are really lucky that you live in San Diego. Last summer I went there for vacation and every day there was absolutely perfect. And congratulations on breaking 100! I'm still working on that. I've only got to 101.

• 4 weeks later...
Well I found this site while searching for golf forums on the net. Just wanted to see what was out there and stumbled across this site. It looked pretty cool so I decided to register.

I don't know how "active" I'll be here (probably just swing by every once in a while to have a look around) but thought I'd say hello anyways. I'm from the San Diego area as well- nice to see others from around here too.

Welcome to the forum as well then Kris. I've been playing in SD for a few years myself, after I had to give up tennis (chemotherapy did some damage to my feet - no excuse for my golf game though ). Wish'd I'd taken up golf much earlier to be frank.

I tend to hack around North County (Encinitas Ranch, Twin Oaks, Carmel Mountain, Mt. Woodson, RB Inn among others - and Torrey of course). Where do you play?

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Thank you Chas. I play tennis myself as well. As for golf though, I live out in East County and normally play Singing Hills (now Sycuan), Steele Canyon, and Cottonwood. I've been wanting to venture out into different parts of the county to play, but keep finding myself teeing it up in the same old places :)

Note: This thread is 5781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!