IGNORED

Sliding under the ball with wedges

Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to have this problem with the open stance. Now I'm pretty much parallel to my target line. Also my golf instructor gave me a good rule to remember on chip shots. Which does work on full wedge shots just don't tilt the shaft forward.

BLT

Ball back in stance
Lean towards the target (helps create descending blow)
Tilt the shaft (in front of the ball). Basically it delofts the club and depending on how far I need to hit it, the tilt can be very little to a lot.

I used to have this problem with the open stance. Now I'm pretty much parallel to my target line. Also my golf instructor gave me a good rule to remember on chip shots. Which does work on full wedge shots just

I'm confused

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

The Art of the Short Game.

Thanks! Ordered it on Amazon!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Here's how I fixed the same problem.

1. Deloft the club at address (ball off the back foot with hands ahead of the ball).

2. Concentrate on finishing with hands high. This will help you get a steeper swing path.

3. Don't decelerate. That's a huge problem for a lot of people. Because most wedge shots are close in to the green, you're afraid of going over so you end up slowing down your swing just before impact. That's a major cause of the shanks. I finally decided that I didn't care if I flew the green 100 yds as long as I made solid contact and didn't shank the ball. Turns out, I rarely ever fly the green. The only time I do fly the green is when I forget to finish properly and end up blading the ball.

4. Should go without saying, but don't look up. It's always important to stay down through any shot but it's especially critical with a wedge. If you raise up the slightest little bit there's no way you'll get under the ball.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!