IGNORED

i want to play bethpage..but when?

JYB
Note: This thread is 5686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want to drive out to Bethpage on a weekday morning and get onto one of their nicer (black/red/blue) courses around...noon let's say.

Is that possible? Could i leave the city at 10, get to Bethpage at 11 and then get out by noon on let's say, next Wednesday?

You are a new york resident so register your liscence and use the system

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I've found the best way to play Bethpage is to walk on as a single during weekdays. I think if you followed your plan, you would have a very good chance of getting out in enough time to play 18 holes (maybe not at noon, you might have to wait until 2 pm). I always call the course to make sure that there is nothing going on (say a tournament or something), and that there are at least a few single slots showing on the board for the afternoon.

If you want to play the Black, and this is your approach, be prepared to wait a few hours. Which is worth it, and the putting green is in nice shape.

The Blue and the Red are a bit less of a hastle. You can show up as you stated and have a good chance of getting on those.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

If you're set on playing red or black, I'd first call in to see if there is an event. Sometimes the courses are closed.

Best guess - at 11am, the first available tee time is probably around 1pm. For black, probably 2, 2:30? It all depends on the weather, etc...

If you have a NYC driver's license, register on the tee time reservation system and call in everyday and you might get lucky on a cancellation.

Green and yellow are good courses as well - no, they're not red or black, but I think people underrate them.

I've gone in at 8, 9, on a weekday, and 11:30 was the earliest tee time. Bring a book, your laptop, your PS, your iPhone, just in case.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum (sorry, tried starting a new post but it wouldn't let me).

Me and a few buddys are looking to head out to Bethpage this week - we are NY residents but unfortunately don't have state IDs yet. We're planning on catching an early train from Penn so that we are at the clubhouse by 7.30. We're not overly fussed about which course we play (we'll save the Black for another day). I understand that the Yellow is the walk-up course for the month - do you any of you know what the average wait time is for the walk-up at Bethpage?

Thanks

Sorry, I should have mentioned we're looking at heading out there on Sunday.

In mid-August, me and a buddy just showed up on a Tuesday around 2pm. We were on the green course by 2:30 as a walk on, and could have played the red course if we wanted to wait until 3. I thoroughly enjoyed the green course, but it was a little slow that day as there was a really slow group in front of us. They let us play through after the fourth hole, but we got tied up again at the 10th. After 5 hours we called it quits on the 17th tee. It was already getting pretty dark, and the group in front was taking their dandy ass time looking for their tee shots. I had enough and teed off in the middle of the fairway, just as they were getting back into their carts. The rest if my group decided to jump to the 18th so we could finish, but again there was a group in the fairway walking around looking for their balls, so we left. It was a shame not to finish as I was having a good round.

Bethpage is a beautiful place with an awesome clubhouse and patio. Go show up and play any course, you will not be disappointed. By the way, I got the NY rate without them even asking to see my license.

formerly tmevoli

Burner 9.5
R5 FW
Halo 2i CG4 3i - Pw Eye 2 SW OZ putteriGolf Neowhatever ball i find

Thanks - sounds like it won't be too hard to get on. We're hopeful of playing the Blue or Green course, but would be more than happy with the Yellow.

The Black is scheduled to close for season on 11/16/08 FYI

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• 2 weeks later...
this is probably too late....but dont play on Yellow Course, they air raided greens about 2 weeks ago and parts of the greens on the front 9 was damaged. If you are a single or twosome and didnt have reservation, you can head out there early, usually spots available for walk ups.

this is probably too late....but dont play on Yellow Course, they air raided greens about 2 weeks ago and parts of the greens on the front 9 was damaged. If you are a single or twosome and didnt have reservation, you can head out there early, usually spots available for walk ups.

I've never played the Yellow and hope to never have to play it. I've heard about how slow it plays, even slower than the others four.

BTW it's "aerated" not "air raided" FYI.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 5686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!