IGNORED

SMT 455 Deep Bore Driver

Note: This thread is 6750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for feedback on the SMT 455cc driver. I am looking to build a new long drive driver this fall and was interested in the SMT components. I am looking to use the Accuflex VS339 shaft.

If anyone has used this driver I would apppreciate your input as it pertains to driving distance. It has been noted the SMT 455 component head has done quite well on the long drive challenge circuit.

Thanks...
Ted

I recently reviewed the Alpha C830.2 and was very impressed with its performance. It has been one of the top drivers on the LDA tour. I know you are specifically looking at the SMT, but if you haven't checked the Alpha out, give it a shot.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've played both smt and alpha equipment. I personally prefer smt. The driver that i used last year was the 455 db with the vs339 shaft. Great combo as this head and shaft seem to have been made for each other. My combo was made to standard length and i'd still have it, but i let one of my friends hit it and he wouldnt give it back. Mike Tait the owner of smt, and Jody Beacon the owner of accuflex, are good friends, and i'm pretty sure that they design some of their product with each others offerings in mind. This combo has received very good reviews from all over. My advise to you would be.....go to smt's web site and get on their discussion board. You should be able to learn everything that you want to know about this combo there. A lot of long drivers hang out there from time to time, and could help you out a lot. Mike himself answers questions, and i've seen jody participate as well. If there is anything specific that i can help you out with, just let me know!

Note: This thread is 6750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!