IGNORED

Big Break V Official Thread!

iacas
Note: This thread is 6537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Yeah, it's starting early! But we know who the contestants are now .

Who do you think will win? More importantly, who will have the most obviously fake boobs? Who will be the, like, totally, like, the most stupidest, girl, like, EVAR!?

Jeanne Cho, 23, Orlando, Fla.
Nicolle DiSanto, 27 Los Angeles, Calif.
Divina Delasin, 24, San Francisco, Calif.
Jo D. Duncan, 39, St. Louis, Mo.
Julie Wells, 25, Portland, Ore.
Dana Lacey, 23, North Beach, Australia
Kim Lewellen, 34, Wake Forest, N.C.
Becky Lucidi, 25, Poway, Calif.
Ashley Prange, 24, Noblesville, Ind.
Kristina Tucker, 25, Stockholm, Sweden
Katie Ruhe, 24, Wesley Chapel, Fla.

Jeanne Cho, 23, Orlando, Fla.
Although of South Korean heritage, Cho was born and raised in France and speaks four languages. She emigrated to the United States at age 13 to pursue golf and is a product of the David Leadbetter Golf Academies and the University of Florida golf program, where she graduated, cum laude, with a 4.0 grade point average in Quantitative Sciences. Currently competing on the FUTURES Tour, Cho will be among the 144 hopefuls who will be competing at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament beginning Nov. 30.

Nicolle DiSanto, 27 Los Angeles, Calif.
A qualifier in the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship at 295 yards, DiSanto claims to hit her 7-wood – and even her 3-iron – longer than most women hit their drivers. A fairly late-bloomer in competitive golf, she played college golf for the last two years and was captain of her golf team at the College of the Canyons in Valencia, Calif. Currently, she teaches kids and models part time when not playing golf, herself.

Divina Delasin, 24, San Francisco, Calif.
Having delayed her dreams of playing professional golf to help support family finances and the fledgling career of her sister, Dorothy (who currently plays on the LPGA Tour), Delasin dropped out of high school and, at one time, held three jobs. This self-professed “work-aholic” eventually returned to school and college golf to chase her dream, but several failed attempts at the LPGA Qualifying Tournament had her back in the work force again. Currently, she is in the PGA program and works as an assistant golf professional and as a coach for the First Tee of San Francisco.

Jo D. Duncan, 39, St. Louis, Mo.
The oldest of The Big Break V contestants, Duncan nurtured her golf talents – not at the local country club, but at the local 9-hole course where people played in cut-off jeans and tank tops. She earned a four-year scholarship to play golf for Missouri State University (then called Southwest Missouri State University) and has competed on the FUTURES Tour and in several LPGA Tour events. Currently, Duncan is a teaching professional and is a member of the Long Drivers of America, having competed for three years in the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championships.

Julie Wells, 25, Portland, Ore.
As a high school golfer in Eugene, Ore., Wells earned recognition as both the state’s Athlete of the Year and Golfer of the Year. She left Oregon to play college golf for the University of Idaho, where – during her junior season – her team won the Big West Conference title and she was named Player of the Year. Wells turned pro a month before graduation to prepare for the FUTURES Tour and twice entered the LPGA Qualifying Tournament, without success. Currently, she works at the Oregon Golf Club, where she also practices tirelessly on her game.

Dana Lacey, 23, North Beach, Australia
After attaining success in her native country as an amateur – having won the Australia Junior Championships, two victories on the Australian Tour, and being named to both the Australian Spirit Cup team and the Queen Sirikit Cup – Lacey decided to head to the United States, turn professional and further test her skills on the FUTURES Tour. In 2005 – her second year on tour – she finished 23rd on the money list and has set a goal to finish in the top-5 in 2006.

Kim Lewellen, 34, Wake Forest, N.C.
Having grown up in Raleigh, N.C., Lewellen is a Carolina girl at heart, but has experienced an entire world of golf. A mother of two and the wife of an Episcopal minister, she played golf for the University of North Carolina (where she was a Division I First Team All-American), competed on the Ladies European Tour and the FUTURES Tour, coached the men’s and women’s golf teams at The Citadel, and served as a club teaching professional.

Becky Lucidi, 25, Poway, Calif.
Having just completed her first year on the FUTURES Tour, Lucidi’s golfing credentials include some heavy hardware, including the 2002 U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship title and the 2003 NCAA national championship while at the University of Southern California. She also won the Mexican Amateur five months removed from winning the U.S. title.

Ashley Prange, 24, Noblesville, Ind.
In her first year on the FUTURES Tour in 2005, Prange finished 46th on the money list and made 15 of 18 cuts, with two top 10s. Coming from a golfing family – her father and three of her uncles are teaching professionals – Prange was a semi-finalist at the 2003 Women’s Western Amateur Championship. She played golf for the University of North Carolina, where she was named First Team All-American during her senior year. She will be among the 144 hopefuls who will be competing at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament beginning Nov. 30.

Kristina Tucker, 25, Stockholm, Sweden
Tucker came to the United States in 1999 to attend Duke University and further her career in golf. Having played against the best Swedish amateurs – winning the Swedish Girls Championship in consecutive years – and earning a place on the Swedish National Team (2001 European Champions), she was eager to test herself against the best in the U.S. and pursue any opportunities that might lead the way to the LPGA Tour. She won three collegiate tournaments while attending Duke and, after graduation, returned to the Telia Tour in Sweden, where her play over the years included one victory and three, top-5 finishes. 2005 is her second year on the FUTURES Tour, and she has advanced to compete at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament beginning Nov. 30. She now resides in Pageland, S.C.

Katie Ruhe, 24, Wesley Chapel, Fla.
A native of Montpelier, Ohio, Ruhe was an AJGA All-American, as well as an AJGA Compac Scholastic All-American selection in 1999. She was a two-time Conference USA 2nd Team selection while playing golf at the University of South Florida in Tampa, where she currently resides and works part time at the TPC of Tampa Bay. She joined the FUTURES Tour in 2004 and improved her scoring average by four strokes in 2005.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it already seems like it's going to be a better show with those credentials..btw, when are they going to show the next episode of the current BB IV..oh, those are new ones?!?! whoever was the director was..

• 2 weeks later...
Who's got pics?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
Who's got pics?

TGC doesn't yet. But it's a bunch of younger women overall and they're in Hawaii, the sole purpose of which is to make sure they dress more skimpily, I'm convinced.

They might even have some game. You never know. It'd be a first for the Big Break...

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Hopefully they don't follow the majority butch dyke looking LPGA players. :p

A somewhat outdated stereotype, don't you think?

Yeah, it's starting early! But

Oh, you mean another Danielle!

Hopefully they don't follow the majority butch dyke looking LPGA players. :p

Yeah, Michelle, Paula, Annika, and Natalie,

ALL fit that description! 8-| *eyes rolling* (didn't Lopez retire?)

Peter Valone
Home Course:Mill Creek

"The invisible opponent whose tangible form is the card and pencil; the toughest opponent of them all -- Old Man Par." Bobby Jones

A somewhat outdated stereotype, don't you think?

I guess, but you can't have it all. ;)

Yeah, Michelle, Paula, Annika, and Natalie,

It was a joke. Annika looks like a man.... :p

Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Annika looks like a man.... :p

Peter Valone

"The invisible opponent whose tangible form is the card and pencil; the toughest opponent of them all -- Old Man Par." Bobby Jones

I think I've good idea for the biggest boob lady... Nicolle.
She's from California (who doesn't have implants there?!?!?) and "....and models part time when not playing golf....."
can't wait !

• Administrator

Here we go...

From left to right:
Back: Kristina Tucker, Julie Wells, Katie Ruhe, Divina Delasin, Jeanne Cho, Ashley Prange, Nicolle DiSanto
Front: Dana Lacey, Jo D. Duncan, Kim Lewellen, Becky Lucidi

Looks like a nice collection. Collect all 11!

Nicole DiSanto. Sweet sweet Nicole.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Lol

Peter Valone

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
Starts tonight! TGC, despite the horrid URL, has a site for them too:
http://thegolfchannel.com/bbv/f8/default.aspx?m=2637

It starts tonight at 9pm . I'll be recording the midnight showing, though, as I record two shows from 9 to 10. Boston Legal and I can't remember what else. But anyway, both tuners are occupied until the later show.

Thank goodness it's not a "versus" thing like IV. IV sucked.

From left to right:

Looks like I'll be the only naysayer here, but something's missing for me this time around. Like a lack of distinct personalities compared to those in BBIII. It was so easy to pick your favorite in that group because they were all so different.

In this crew, I'm having trouble telling the blondes apart. To prove my point, I'm going to suggest that your photo caption line is wrong. I think that's Jo D at far left in the front row--not Dana. Jo D is the gal who lost out in the first show and was already one of the heavy favorites. I don't know. It was a good show tonight, but I'll be surprised if it maintains the kind of drama of Pam vs. Danielle right up to the final holes. Hope I'm wrong.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

A so-so start to the show. I won't post any spoilers for those that missed it, I will leave that to somoene else to do. I will say that Nicole ain't so sweet. She reminded me of cocky-ass Randal from BBIV.

And although some of them are indeed cute I will just say I am glad I don't get The Golf Channel in hi-def. Also, if you have an aspect ration adjusment on your TV then you may want to make sure you turn off the stretch mode like I did.

Wait a minute, it wasn't on stretch mode.

Note: This thread is 6537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!