IGNORED

Tiger in 2006

iacas
Note: This thread is 6755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many majors will Tiger win in 2006?

• None. He'll undergo a swing change again. :-)
    • Just one.
    • Two, like he did this year.
    • Three - so close, yet so far away.
    • The REAL Grand Slam, baby!

• Administrator

I think he'll win three and come agonizingly close in the other. I'm posting this now because, well, now I can safely say that I was the first to accurately predict the season. Y'know, if I end up being accurate...

Augusta he'll win by four. No Chris DiMarco or bogeys on 17 and 18 this time.

Winged Foot he'll eat alive. And by that I mean -3 while his nearest competitor is +2. I remember reading a book about Hale Irwin winning there...

The British Open, T10. Hack and slash won't work there. If Tiger could bring himself to hit his 3W off the tee all week, he'd win.

He'll win the PGA at Medinah by one over Ernie Els. Sergio Garcia will struggle to make the cut.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

BTW, end of the year Power Rankings . For what they're worth...

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well, I'll definitely be writing a Thrash Talk soon dealing with the 2006 Preview. Actually, I may have to divide it into 2 segments. Anyway, I'll be discussing all this stuff and more.

But while I'm in here, I am guessing Tiger will win one major next year. The British Open isn't at St. Andrews, so he won't win that one. As it stands right now, I'm going with the U.S. Open or PGA Championship.

"Just two" for Tiger next year. The elusive "swing change" hasn't really delivered a better driver. He's such a good ball striker if he could hold himself back and find the fairway a bit more often he'd be waxing everyone even more than he already is. He'll win the Masters fo sho and probably the U.S. Open because he'll be able to putt in this event next year.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

He won't win any.

I see Jason Gore winning the US Open.

I see Chris DiMarco winning the Masters.

I see Erine Els winning the PGA Championship.

I see Vijay Singh winning the British Open.

I don't see any Grand Slam happening ever again. Only Bobby Jones did that, and will only be the golfer who did that.
What's in the Bag?
Driver:Nike NDS Ti with MFS 40+ Shaft.
3 wood and 5 wood: Tommy Armour 845 Hot Scott.
Irons (3-PW) Nicklaus IronMax JNS
Wedges: Vokey 200 Series 52 degrees. Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreesPutter: TaylorMade Rossa Modena 8.Ball: Ben Hogan The Hawk.

• Administrator
I don't see any Grand Slam happening ever again. Only Bobby Jones did that, and will only be the golfer who did that.

Never say never, they say, unless the phrase is "never bet against Tiger Woods."

Great Point.

But, it's still a very hard task to do so.

on Any given Sunday, there will be someone who plays their round of their life..... and beat 'em.
What's in the Bag?
Wedges: Vokey 200 Series 52 degrees. Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreesPutter: TaylorMade Rossa Modena 8.Ball: Ben Hogan The Hawk.

Jason Gore Wins the U.S. Open?

What's in the bag

Driver:Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3 Tour-Aldila Nvs
3-wood:Callway Big Bertha-Aldila nv shaft
Hybrid:Callway Heavenwood 2h and 3hIrons:Titleist 735 cm 4-pwWedges:Cleveland Cg10 54 and 60Putter:Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2Ball:Callaway Hx tour 56Bag:Ping J bag..Red...

• Administrator
Jason Gore Wins the U.S. Open?

Yeah, who knows what he's been smoking, eh?

Hell, why not? Anything can happen in golf.

Like: 1991 PGA and 2003 British Open and 2003 PGA championship.

And so many others.
What's in the Bag?

Note: This thread is 6755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!