IGNORED

Fashion in golf

hoofreak7
Note: This thread is 5775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which person are you??

• Pick out "outfits",always look good not matter the occasion
    • Concious not to wear something hideous, but otherwise dont care
    • Put on the first thing you find and not give it a thought.

I always look stylish ;]

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 fashion guidelines:
1. No jeans
2. No brown belts w/black shoes or vice versa
3. No mock turtles. C'mon, that's just a nice way of saying t-shirt
4. If you're going to tuck your shirt, wear a belt

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

Its kinda funny that you all mention how jeans and t-shirts are a major no-no. Around here, its very common for people to wear bluejeans and t-shirts on the golfcourse. Honestly, Ive never seen any of the marshalls or starters say anything to any one about dress code.
I usually feel somewhat out of place on the course, because I usually wear a nice polo shirt and khakis.
To be fair though, I usually play on the little, hole-in-the-wall courses because they are inexpensive. Im sure things would be different if I played on the ritzier, "pseudo country club" courses.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I was my son's Boy Scout Leader. When I took up golf I stared wearing my old unifiorm pants/ shorts. Four normal pockets and two cargo pockets. Light Blue/White shirt, home course hat.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

I think clothes in any situation is an extension on who we are as people. They dont have to be expensive, but they should still look nice. The same way grooming is an extension. I plan out my outfits the night before. And just like in life, the shoes say everything....haha

Niiiiice! I especially love this outfit. I told the hubby that I think that for one day, that our members weekend should dress like this...the guys that is.....and us women would wear the long skirts, just for the heck of it!

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

I do not plan ahead and pick out what I am going to wear. I just have a section of golf shirts in my closet and I pick one at random and then pants or shorts depending on the weather and go with it.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

I have over 30 golf shirts, with almost every colour you can imagine. Then 4 Pairs of pants, and no more hats left, I need to get 2 more hats and some belts. I never wear shorts no matter what the weather.

I'm the same boat but I've never paid full price for a single thing. I probably own 35-40 shirts, all real nice golf shirts that were good finds at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Every season around the end of the winter they get jammed up with good gear, during the summer you dont find much but I'll usually pick up 10 - 15 shirts each Feb for the season but rotate through all of my shirts. The thing that I really love about it all is when people think of TJ Maxx and those stores they assume its all Izod and Tommy Hillfiger, nice polos but more the saturday bbq than a round but in reality there is no better thrill (well, at least off the course) then walking in somewhere and seeing a shirt with the original price tag of 80 bucks and walking away with it for 20. I'm always at our local golf stores and I just sit there and go "yup, I'll get that exact shirt in 6 months for 14.99...why pay 60"

I'm very bold with my bottoms... I have a pair of bright red pants that I'll rock in tournaments, especially with my sergio Adidas shoes and maybe an orange shirt, but usually white. People cant stand that outfit! haha, love it

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

as long as shorts and polos match I'm happy.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Nothing like board shorts and no shirt or socks..

O but for golfing a nice tee with some baige denver haynes will do the trick

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

oh..and this is a BIG oh.

Whoops, on the first one. Did see the second one more than once, I laugh my azz off. Some guys just have to sport the wife beater tanks.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I really just put on whatever golf shirt I pull from the closet, and throw on some shorts or pants, depending on the temp. I also will pull out a Patagonia long underwear top and put it in my bag in case I get chilly. I much rather wear that than a jacket on the course.

oh..and this is a BIG oh.

I sometimes have a legit reason to pop the collar. When its sunny out and I forgot to put sunscreen on my neck, I will pop the collar to prevent burning =) I do not do it to look like a thug, ever.

As long as i dont look like a ****ing retard im alright!

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

I wear the style that many peope hate on this forum. Untucked polo and cargo shorts. I do it in a way that looks presentable though. We could, and have, discussed the tucked vs. untucked thing but its what works for me and i have no complaints thus far.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 5775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!