IGNORED

Fashion in golf

hoofreak7
Note: This thread is 5775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which person are you??

• Pick out "outfits",always look good not matter the occasion
    • Concious not to wear something hideous, but otherwise dont care
    • Put on the first thing you find and not give it a thought.

oh..and this is a BIG oh.
Plaid pants....unless you can pull it off...don't rock em!
don't wear your collar popped b/c why are you trying to be a thug on the course?
DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT wear all white...
please...donot wear socks and golf sandals..just don't wear socks and sandals in general.. that's gross
please stop wearing red on sunday's.... it's cliche
please don't wear what tiger was wearing the day before
please don't be that guy that looks sponsored:
nike everything, including your clubs, socks, hat, shorts, shirt, gloves, balls.
please don't tuck your shirt in to show your only belt that's brown when you're wearing black shoes and a white hat or vice versa
and PLEASE don't be the guy that takes his polo off to reveal a tank top after the 1st hole.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear my collar popped too protect my neck from sun burn. I agree, But the same goes for all Titleist, all Taylormade etc etc, unless your sponsored you look like a 'wanabee'

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I wear my collar popped too protect my neck from sun burn.

Nah, you probably wear your collar popped because you're a tool

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I'd like to highlight those two, and good point! I probably have done it before as a mistake or not even realizing, but come on, nobody can be tiger, It's funny when you see juniors on the course act like him too.

Like come on, no junior can release the club on the finish because of a bad shot accidently to make it look like it actually came loose from the grip.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Always gotta look good :) Got about ever color imaginable and pants/shorts to match

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

I chose #3. I wear polos almost daily at work and most of them are golf shirts, so I have a lot to choose from. And of course shorts are a must out here.

I don't have anything pink or orange, so almost any color combination can match with my white/brown DryJoys. I try not to wear Red or Black too often since my Nike bag is red/black and most of my headcovers have some sort of red/black in them.

I'd like to highlight those two, and good point! I probably have done it before as a mistake or not even realizing, but come on, nobody can be tiger, It's funny when you see juniors on the course act like him too.

yeah, lots of kids i play with will do the one-handed follow through.....when they top a shot. and they fist-pump over everything, even a 3-footer. there is this one guy who is about a 30 handicap that wears nike everything (always a black "one" hat, red shirt, black pants and shoes, and has nike everything clubs and balls except his scotty putter with a ping man grip. its pretty easy to see who his idol is.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

yeah, lots of kids i play with will do the one-handed follow through.....when they top a shot. and they fist-pump over everything, even a 3-footer. there is this one guy who is about a 30 handicap that wears nike everything (always a black "one" hat, red shirt, black pants and shoes, and has nike everything clubs and balls except his scotty putter with a ping man grip.

Blacked out grip?

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

yeah. he got it at golf galaxy

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I red out my grip, but that was copying a kid on my team during freshman year.
But he probably saw it from Tiger, so I guess I can't talk.
But does he have all Tiger's clubs, like Nike blades and all?

905R
LD-F 3-Wood

he doesn't have blades (because he's a 30)
i think he has slingshots, but everything else is the same.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap

• Administrator
yeah, lots of kids i play with will do the one-handed follow through.....when they top a shot. and they fist-pump over everything, even a 3-footer. there is this one guy who is about a 30 handicap that wears nike everything (always a black "one" hat, red shirt, black pants and shoes, and has nike everything clubs and balls except his scotty putter with a ping man grip.

So? If that helps the guy enjoy golf, more power to him.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I come from the school of, "you look good, you play good." It's hard for me to go out and feel like I'm going to play well if I've just thrown on a wrinkled shirt and baggy shorts. My drawers are not littered with brand new Nike, Under Armour or Adidas super-wicking-fabric garments, but I always consciously pick something that looks good and fits the weather.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

So? If that helps the guy enjoy golf, more power to him.

yeah, i wasn't disrespecting him, i just find it interesting how much tiger is influencing the game.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap

I'm 'the queer eye' of my high school team.
I yell at the kids that don't match.
Sorry kiddies, your cute blue plaid pants don't match the red horizontal stripe shirts.
And navy blue and black piss me off too.
Don't wear it, they don't match.
The darker the blue, the worse it goes with black.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood

I'm 'the queer eye' of my high school team.

I'm pretty sure thats going a little over the top, I couldn't care what other people wear, I worry about myself.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Blue, Grey or Black Pants.

Any colored shirt that matches with above.

I have never worn a white belt. Seriously, I'm 36 and not under 25.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

31 years old - usually wear khaki cargo shorts and a Nike Dry-Fit polo. Once I get a decent set of clubs (money is a tight right now) I will have a set of knickers or some other garish outfit.

Just because I can....

Andrew

Note: This thread is 5775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!