IGNORED

Does anyone on here don't use a driver?

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

there was a really interesting article in golf digest...

http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/...golftechdriver

thought you guys might find this interesting

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I know this isnt fixing the "cause" of slicing....but you guys that have a big problem with it when you use your driver (I know you guys have probably tried this, but just want to throw it out there)...have you tried closing the club head a little at address? This worked WONDERS for my slice until I could get to a pro and see what the flaw in my swing was. I wasnt bringing the club head through all the way, and was basically cutting across the ball with an open driver face.

I know this isnt fixing the "cause" of slicing....but you guys that have a big problem with it when you use your driver (I know you guys have probably tried this, but just want to throw it out there)...have you tried closing the club head a little at address? This worked WONDERS for my slice until I could get to a pro and see what the flaw in my swing was. I wasnt bringing the club head through all the way, and was basically cutting across the ball with an open driver face.

I tried that since I have the same problem but it usually results in a straight line drive with either very low trajectory or a ball that doesn't get off the ground.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

you are right there are two schools of thought.

play without a driver to hit more fairways and score.

the other school is don't be afraid of any club in your bag, including your driver.

you got to do what works for your game.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• 3 weeks later...
I think I fall into the mold mentioned in the Golf Digest article posted above. If I am going to slice a ball its simply my incorrect swing. I don't really notice that I miss hit balls more or less with a driver compared to a 3W....so I figure I might as well let it fly with the driver.

you are right there are two schools of thought.

Thats my school of thought. My shots are much more controlled and end up in the fairway much more often with a 3-wood.

the other school is don't be afraid of any club in your bag, including your driver. you got to do what works for your game.

If you go by that logic, none of us should be using hybrids. We should instead all be learning how to hit long irons.

IMO, you gotta play to your strengths. If you suck with a driver, you would be wise to simply not hit driver. I dont fear my driver, its just that I know the kind of result that I usually get when I hit driver, so I simply choose not to have that club in my bag.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I don't hit my 3 wood off the tee very well so I either tee off with the driver or hybrid. I couldn't live without my driver. I've noticed a lot of you who aren't using yours are listing older equipment. A 460 cc driver should be easier to catch clean than a 3 wood. If the length of the shaft is the issued choke down 1" and keep the forgiveness of the huge head.

Also, you can't get better witha club if you don't work on it. Use the driver at the range until you're comfortable with it.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

For some reason i was in a huge slump with my driver for about 5 months where i couldnt hit it at all. Therefor i just hit the 3 wood off the tee. I hit it a solid 220-240 and i had pretty good control with it. I made the golf team without using my driver once. It wasnt until mid season that i started using it and my scores have only gotten better because im more conistent. Not because im hitting the ball longer. You would be surprised how many times the person closest to the hole will walk away with the worst score. I was very comfortable with 6-8 iron so i scored well with my 3 wood.

hey guys, I'm I the only one on earth who thinks 3w is harder to hit than driver? I wonder about this sometimes.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!