IGNORED

Murphy Creek - Site of the 2008 Publinks

MunkeyGolfer
Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just played this course yesterday and all I can say is WOW! The 2008 US Amateur is this weekend (I think that is what we were told) and the course had been prepared for it. The course was gorgeous. My friend and I rented a cart but was told it had to stay on cart paths because of the tournament. After the second hole we figured at the turn we would ask for a pull cart instead because it was more work for my friend to grab a club and walk to his ball just to change his mind on what he grabbed. Fortunately a marshal seen that my friend had a prosthetic leg and gave us a handicap flag and we were able to drive on it.

I have some random pictures for you. All I can say, don't hit in the rough. It may not look that bad but it is like glue!!! Talk about them only going a few yards lol. The plus side was the bunkers were hard which made me hit out of them fairly well. I also traveled to Yes! golf in Denver where I was fitted for my new putter. I ended up choosing the Victoria II and love it. If anyone is thinking about a Yes! putter and has the means to get to Denver, I would highly recommend going there to get fitted for it. I was completely wrong on the shaft link I thought I needed and on the putter I wanted.

I just wanted to share my "Monday" with everyone

isn't the 2008 us amateur being played at pinehurst?

Woah, you're right. I forgot the other part. It is the

2008 U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship at Murphy Creek. Sorry guys for the confusion and If I could edit the title I would.

Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!