IGNORED

Tiger vs. Annika

iacas
Note: This thread is 6741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who is better (within their respective genres): Tiger or Annika?

• Tiger
    • Annika
    • They are equal (and I'm a fence-sitting weenie for voting so)

• Administrator
The beginning of this post about sums it up for me: Tiger has stiffer competition. If Annika and Tiger are both "10s," then Annika has a few 9s while Tiger has 10 or 15 to battle, and Annika has a few 8s while Tiger has about 50 of them. (The end of that post seems to lack any sort of rational justification and goes against what he said in the beginning.)

So, Tiger is better than Annika. If the women had an Official World Golf Ranking, of course, there may be some statistical proof to this (or at least some numbers to toss around). Tiger's current lead over #2 is nearly EIGHT POINTS.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I looked for a previous thread on this topic and never really found one. A few comparisons, but not an outright thread for comparing them. If I missed one let me know.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger is better within his field - without question. This is taking nothing away from Annika because she dominates the LPGA Tour these days. Her 10th win proved yet again she is the woman to beat on the LPGA Tour.

Tiger has more shots in his bag, is a more fiersome competitor, and plays against a much deeper field. The level and depth of competition is so much different than the LPGA that its comparing apples to oranges. The amount of world class golfers on the PGA is staggering... Vijay, Mickelson, Els, Goosen, Furyk, Toms, Perry, DiMarco, Garcia, Wier (he'll be back). Second tier superstars on the PGA are awesome as well. From 75th in the world to the very top is stacked with exceptional players.

Hear me: I'm not taking anything away from the women... they all could kick my butt any day of the week (not saying much), but the level of competition is clearly different between the two fields.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

They are both the best of their own genders, why can't we just leave it at, as I sit on the fence like a weinie . Kidding aside, Tiger is the best, I think u take away all the things that the genders provide (tiger's strength which leads to his distance, ability out of the rough, etc.) and you just compare their mental strengths, Annika seems to be getting in arguements bout the rules, and other things that throw of her game. Tiger is just so focused and he lives on winning, and he just has this inner strength that seems to be able to just kick it into another level when he needs it. I just don't see this in Annika, but that's probaly because she is usually steam-rolling the field and isn't really tested. I think you give the edge to tiger because as the pga tour says ' These guys are good' and it is true that every guy out there, really is.

What's in the bag

Driver:Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3 Tour-Aldila Nvs
3-wood:Callway Big Bertha-Aldila nv shaft
Hybrid:Callway Heavenwood 2h and 3hIrons:Titleist 735 cm 4-pwWedges:Cleveland Cg10 54 and 60Putter:Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2Ball:Callaway Hx tour 56Bag:Ping J bag..Red...

Even though the PGA has better quaility, I am still going to believe that Annika would still win as much if not more if there was a better quaility of women on that tour. She is already killing them just think if she was the age of these new guns on the LPGA, I think she would just be killing them by more.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

... She is already killing them just think if she was the age of these new guns on the LPGA, I think she would just be killing them by more.

I'm not too sure, youth v. wisdom(experience). Putting her at their age would take away all her experience on tour. You can't take Annika NOW and puther back to 21/16yrs old. She was a completely different golfer back then.

Putting Wie, Creamer, or whoever with the experience/wisdom of Annika NOW, would be a pretty good and fair matchup. (and the same type of comparison of putting Annika at the age of Wie/Creamer. You can't put Annika at Wie's age and still give her the advantage of all her experience of a 36 year old tour golfer.) (gosh, she's only 8 years older than me!?)

Peter Valone
Home Course:Mill Creek

"The invisible opponent whose tangible form is the card and pencil; the toughest opponent of them all -- Old Man Par." Bobby Jones

• Administrator
I'm not too sure, youth v. wisdom(experience). Putting her at their age would take away all her experience on tour. You can't take Annika NOW and puther back to 21/16yrs old. She was a completely different golfer back then.

Agreed, you can't do that at all. Annika's first few years on Tour were pretty bad, and she sure as heck wasn't on Tour and winning tournaments at 18 (or coming close at 15/16). Only recently has she undergone her physical transformation and picked up all the distance, only recently has she paired with TW to learn some new short game tricks, etc.

Note: This thread is 6741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!