IGNORED

"7 Laws of the Golf Swing" by Nick Bradley

iacas
Note: This thread is 2179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Discuss "7 Laws of the Golf Swing" by Nick Bradley here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a great book that describes the modern (rotary) golf swing. It is full of fancy pictures for those of you like me that are visual learners.
Despite its many great sections, I think you will also need another more detailed book and internet tips to revamp your swing. (e.g. I am using Jim Suttie's book with this).

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

• 3 years later...

This book might be 10 years old or so but it contains wisdom for the ages. Truly cannot say enough good things about the verbal and visual explanations of the entire golf swing, ground up. Now, I've only read about 10 instruction books in my golfing time but this

one is the best.

First, he has just about the best description and best illustration of the grip that I have ever seen.  The 7 laws are presented in the kind of sequence that makes common sense, and some of the more difficult to understand moves are explained expertly. I found myself rushing out to the range just to try one of the drills that he explains would help me to

get my body in sync with my hands at impact.  Tried the drill and immediately saw results.  Of course long term implementation takes a long term, but still it's magical

to see some kind of positive results so soon.

Bradley has a wry British sense of humor, which helps offset his very direct manner of describing his way as the way.  Could be off putting to some but to me that showed he

was a believer, which to me is critical if I"m going to follow a swing guru.

If you buy one golf instruction book, buy this one.  Many times famous pro golfers will

come out with their instruction book but I have to say that almost as many times there are big errors in their explanations.  Frequently they do not do as they say they do, videos prove it, and just as frequently they cannot put into words (so we mortals can

understand and practice it) how to get there.

So, hats off to Bradley!

• 2 years later...
This is one of the best if not the best golf instructional book I've ever read infact when I'm going through a bad patch playing wise I re-read certain sections and it gets me back on track via some of the visual learning prompts great read must read

• 4 years later...

My library had this as an ebook so I read it recently. I can honestly say some of the stuff was eye opening and are now making my swing better.

Grip strength/tension was something I had never thought of before. I really realized how much I was overgripping the club for borh my swing and putting. That chapter helped a lot.

As well, this visuals are very good at getting across the message.

Might turn this into an annual reread.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!