Sign in to follow this  
iacas

"7 Laws of the Golf Swing" by Nick Bradley

6 posts / 17682 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

This is a great book that describes the modern (rotary) golf swing. It is full of fancy pictures for those of you like me that are visual learners.
Despite its many great sections, I think you will also need another more detailed book and internet tips to revamp your swing. (e.g. I am using Jim Suttie's book with this).

This book might be 10 years old or so but it contains wisdom for the ages. Truly cannot say enough good things about the verbal and visual explanations of the entire golf swing, ground up. Now, I've only read about 10 instruction books in my golfing time but this

one is the best.

First, he has just about the best description and best illustration of the grip that I have ever seen.  The 7 laws are presented in the kind of sequence that makes common sense, and some of the more difficult to understand moves are explained expertly. I found myself rushing out to the range just to try one of the drills that he explains would help me to

get my body in sync with my hands at impact.  Tried the drill and immediately saw results.  Of course long term implementation takes a long term, but still it's magical

to see some kind of positive results so soon.

Bradley has a wry British sense of humor, which helps offset his very direct manner of describing his way as the way.  Could be off putting to some but to me that showed he

was a believer, which to me is critical if I"m going to follow a swing guru.

If you buy one golf instruction book, buy this one.  Many times famous pro golfers will

come out with their instruction book but I have to say that almost as many times there are big errors in their explanations.  Frequently they do not do as they say they do, videos prove it, and just as frequently they cannot put into words (so we mortals can

understand and practice it) how to get there.

So, hats off to Bradley!

This is one of the best if not the best golf instructional book I've ever read infact when I'm going through a bad patch playing wise I re-read certain sections and it gets me back on track via some of the visual learning prompts great read must read

My library had this as an ebook so I read it recently. I can honestly say some of the stuff was eye opening and are now making my swing better.

Grip strength/tension was something I had never thought of before. I really realized how much I was overgripping the club for borh my swing and putting. That chapter helped a lot.

As well, this visuals are very good at getting across the message.

Might turn this into an annual reread.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Today I played a round at my home course where they are preparing the course for a tournament this weekend.  One bunker had a portion that had accidentally gotten wet when watering the green yesterday.  Made it hard underneath.  As dad and me were practicing and there were only two others on the course, I took the opportunity to play three clubs out of the greenside bunker.  Both the sand and lob wedge in traditional bunker type explosion shots didn't work as it didn't dig in and give me a cushion of sand from which the ball flew out.  Both got out but were essentially thinned.  I hit a PW and essentially picked it out fairly cleanly.  Because it was a fairly low bunker wall it worked with a chip type shot. What this taught me was that I would rather not have badly maintained bunkers since you can't play a bunker shot to get out.  Removing badly maintained bunkers is a much better option for good play.  You do not want a situation where two people with the same lie, next to each other in a bunker need to hit different types of shots to get out
    • You do get two club lengths to go back and stay in the teeing area… By my measurements, it's < 210 yards to cover the water, and 80 yards wide. I'd be really tempted to cut a 3W every time. Forget going over - go around. And if you really, really cut it, it'll fly shorter but cut more, and probably be safe again. It's as little as about 180 if you don't take an angle toward the back of the green.
    • Boy that is tempting. Being a lefty I’d be very tempted to hit a cut down there close. Especially with the high chance of shanking an iron into that tree line off the tee which of course would peel some bark off and head straight to the water.
    • Rules 5 and 6 tell us about playing the "round" and playing the "hole." Purpose of Rule: Rule 5 covers how to play a round – such as where and when a player may practise on the course before or during a round, when a round starts and ends and what happens when play has to stop or resume. Players are expected to: Start each round on time, and Play continuously and at a prompt pace during each hole until the round is completed. When it is a player’s turn to play, it is recommended that he or she make the stroke in no more than 40 seconds, and usually more quickly than that. Rule 5 - Playing the Round 5.1 Meaning of Round 5.2 Practising on Course Before or Between Rounds 5.3 Starting and Ending Round 5.4 Playing in Groups 5.5 Practising During Round or While Play Is Stopped 5.6 Unreasonable Delay; Prompt Pace of Play 5.7 Stopping Play; Resuming Play https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rules-and-interpretations.html#!ruletype=fr&section=rule&rulenum=5      
    • During spring break last year, I played a nice, but very tricky, course here in Durham.  It’s called Duke University Golf Club. It was probably $100/person, so definitely not cheap. From the tips, the course is a par 72, 7154 yards, course/slope rating 74.8/142. But, I played the whites, which was 6127 yards, course/slope rating 70.2/126. We started off on no 10, and I shot a 52. Then when we made the turn, I shot a 46 on the front for a 98 total. Very slick greens. On probably half the holes, if you missed the green, you had either a bunker shot or a really tough chip shot. My two favorite holes were 12 and 13 (our third and fourth on the day). The 11th is a downhill par 5, with a third shot over a creek. Then the twelfth was a short par 3 (130 from whites) over a lake. I believe I doubled both. But, if you’re in the RDU area, definitely a good course to check out.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Augie
      Augie
      (61 years old)
    2. Dukes1304
      Dukes1304
      (34 years old)
    3. Mmgolfwiz
      Mmgolfwiz
      (56 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...