IGNORED

College Football National Champs 2008

etk7027
Note: This thread is 5646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's go Sooners!

Completely agree.

I so love the regular season for my Sooners but so hate the bowl season because I know something horrible is going to happen everytime.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

Pitt! Pitt! Pitt! and I'm not drunk!
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

• 2 weeks later...
So can someone explain how USC ends up with more points in the voting than they had last week when they have a by week and Georgia dominates Central Michigan?

If you're going to start letting cupcake performances have such a large impact week-to-week, shouldn't what's good for the goose be good for the gander? They let OSU drop 2 spots (when Florida really wasn't impressive against Miami) but USC gets the grandfather? Anyone who's ever made a claim of East Coast Bias must be loving this season so far--can't find a highlight from Georgia, Ohio State, or Oklahoma.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

UGA got more first place votes as well. No one really cares about a game against a non-BCS opponent, unless you lose it.

Yup. I think East Carolina is continuing to make believers out of people!!!!! I feel like they've been slighted a bit in this weeks rankings.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

The two-time defending MAC champion is a much more impressive win than Virginia. USC dismantled UVA because they are awful . What kills me is that the same people who are voting for USC now based on beating down a terrible opponent and the ones criticizing Georgia for dominating Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl last year (which was reflected 3 weeks ago in the polls.)

UVA is the bottom of the ACC, which might be the #6 BCS conference. Beating a bottom-feeder ACC team is so much more quality than beating the champion of one of the top non-BCS conferences (WAC, MAC, CUSA.) Central Michigan was so good GameDay and CFL had no problem making the game an upset watch.

The media talks itself into circles and at the end of the day they're rewarding the team that got prime ESPN coverage rather than ESPN 360 coverage. How many highlights have we seen from Georgia? If this play (roughly 15 seconds into the clip) doesn't make SportsCenter's Top 10, what should? If Beanie Wells could do it, it would be the only clip we saw for weeks.

I could live with USC getting #1 after the first week because we didn't run up the score against Southern (remember when teams used to put their 3rd and 4th strings in for the second half so their opponents could get some work in to prepare them for their seasons? Did Mark Richt miss the save-the-date for sportsmanship's funeral?) USC didn't play this week and we dominated a better team and yet USC gets a further lead in the polls. Fantastic.

I can't wait for Arizona State so we can put the Pac-1 back in its place on national television.

Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

How is Tennessee's performance relevant?

I'll go with Pittsburg State beating Valdosta State in the Championship game! Go Gorillas!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

gsu, you(GT) have a guaranteed win next week vs Miss State. State has the worst offense in the history of college football. Auburn tried to give MSU the game last night but State didn't want it. MSU gained 114 total yards. Who ever heard of a 3 -2 score in college football?

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Miss State's offense doesn't even compare to NC State's.

gsu, you(GT) have a guaranteed win next week vs Miss State. State has the worst offense in the history of college football. Auburn tried to give MSU the game last night but State didn't want it. MSU gained 114 total yards. Who ever heard of a 3 -2 score in college football?

Hah. Not to mention those guys are going to come out FIRING after that tough loss this week. I feel bad for the MSU players.

Hah. Not to mention those guys are going to come out FIRING after that tough loss this week. I feel bad for the MSU players.

I do too. MSU has a decent defense. But they need some help from the offense. The defense will not be able to stay on the field 70% of the game, week after week. I say GT wins 38 - 3. You going to the game?

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 5646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!