IGNORED

Looking for a new golf ball...

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

Up until recently I have been playing distance balls. Anything that was on deal where I could get a lot for cheap, due to the amount I was losing. Now though Id like to try something with a little bit more spin, now that I'm losing less of them. Does anyone have any recommendations for a fairly cheap golf ball with some spin on?

I was looking at HX Tours, which I can get at about £2 a ball for refurbs, or AD 333 which are priced at £7.50 a sleeve but I can probably get for £5. What are these like?

Cheers,
James

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Titleist NXT Tours are nice. Good spin and pretty inexpensive. Nike Juice are good too.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

HX Hot Bites are nice

and only 29.99

Bridgestone E5's are also great

and only 24.99

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

e5(+), e6(+), NXT Tours...

I also liked the Nike SFT-2. It spun a decent amount for less than a dollar per ball.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I have to play spinners to get more lift, especially on the driver. I hit down and low. NXT tour and ProV1 works for me. I also like the Bridgestone S model of their pro ball (what ever that is).

I've been playing Callaway Hot Bites for about 3 months now and really like those. These have the second softest cover in the industry next to the Nike platinum. Obviously not durable. They kinda fuzz up, like an old tennis ball, more than they cut. Somehow they putt true, even when fuzzy.

Most amateurs need spinners instead of distance balls. We miss a lot of greens so getting up and down is way more important that 10 yards of the tee. If you can pick it up I would highly recomend the Feb. '08 edition of Golf Magazine dedicated to "finding the right ball for you".

As above, NXT tour is fantastic. ProV1 is the best ball IMHO but I find the greens that I play on too soft for them and the spin kills me. Back in the UK I will play a ProV1, here in Dubai generally play NXT Tour.

I've tried the Callaway HX Hot Bite recently - good distance off the tee and decent control round the green, but found they shred to bits off the wedges.

Trying the new Titleist PTS carry as an experiment after a recommendation from a playing partner here. 1st game with them on Friday morning... Will see how they go.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!