IGNORED

Course & Handicap

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Most of my scores entered for my handicap is from this course:

Douglaston Park Golf Course
67 par
5,585 yards
65 rating
104 slope

I use www.golflink.com website to calculate my handicap. Is my handicap 16 or should be higher since I am playing such an easy course?

« Keith »

Most of my scores entered for my handicap is from this course:

If the handicap calculator uses the proper formula, it should take slope and course rating in account. Do you input the course name and tees, or slope and rating for the tees you are hitting from when you input your scores? What are you shooting at the course?

handicap index and course handicap are two different animals. check this link out...it explains it pretty thoroughly

http://golf.about.com/cs/handicappin...capsummary.htm

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

I was tracking my handicap on Golflink last year at the same time I was registering my scores with my " USGA Approved Handicap Provider " and they didn't match but I never looked into why. The problem with Golflink is that after one year's free use they want to charge you about $60 annual for continued use; a bit steep to me. I liked their teaching videos though.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Is my handicap 16 or should be higher since I am playing such an easy course?

We would need to know some of your lowest scores on the course to even have a slight clue what your handicap should be.

I've shot +11, +16, and +18 recently.

Using those scores and your course's slope and rating, I calculated 17.7. My provider service likes to use the lowest ten scores out of your last twenty, ESC adjusted.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!