IGNORED

Pace of Play, and turn times...

BGPro
Note: This thread is 5780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got a question for you about turn times and pace of play. First of all, here's the situation... A nine-hole golf course; so you need to make a turn tee time for the back nine. Two groups have two seperate tee times (each group having about 8-10 players, so 4 or 5 somes) one at 12 and the other at 1. The 12 o'clock group plays their first nine holes in an hour and bumps into the 1 o'clock group. Who do you think has the right of way? Keep in mind, the pace of play is 1:40:00 for 9 holes at this course, and this is how the pro shop schedules your turn times.

I'd be very intrigued to hear your responses!!! let me know, the 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock?

In the Bag (right now)...

Cleveland Tour Issue 310UL* - Miyazaki Kusala Blue 83X

Taylormade R9 TP Tour Issue 13* - Diamana Blue 63X

Taylormade TP Hybrid 17* - Matrix Altus 80X

Taylormade TP Hybrid 19* - Matrix Altus 80X

Nike Forged Blades - 4-W - ProjectX 6.5

Nike VR Black V-Rev 52*, 58*

Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

Taylormade Penta TP3 ball

Well since it's a 9 holer, the starter should decide it.. but since you finished early you probably should wait 15 minutes. There's no reason for the 1pm group to lose their t-time. Chances are you are playing quickly and there's open space behind you.

G10 Driver
G10 4-wd
G15 7-wd
X-18 Proseries 3i-PW
X-Tour 52d gap wedge X-Tour 58d lob/sand wedge Dual-force Rossie II (mallet head) putter Pro-V1x only (baby!)Play at a private NJ g.c.

You said you have to make a turn tee time - what was that time? If you are ahead of your time i dont see any reason why the 1 o clock group should let you play through just because you finished faster than you thought. I dont play many 9hole courses but i know it can be tricky to judge your turn time if you play 18 - but since these courses are normally packed you really have to go with your timing.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Thanks for your thoughts... I'm actually the Assistant Pro at the course, and I DID make the noon group wait. They got pissy, bitched at me, went to the head pro then the club president. The pro and president stood behind my decision, yet still they bitch at me. I don't understand some people. Today I timed their front nine... 1hr on the dot! They came in and bitched at me 15 min. before they teed off, and I knew they were going to try and cause a problem again on purpose... this time I was prepared. Unfortunately the 1:00 group didn't show up because of the heat, so I'll see what happens tomorrow and friday. I'll be waiting for them. Don't you think that an hour for 9 holes is ridiculously fast anyway? I mean, in this group a 5 footer is a gimme, lol. I always bite my lip whenever I enter their scores for handicaps, because I know they aren't finishing the holes.

Oh, their turn time is 1:40... a fast, yet reasonable turn time.

Don't you think that an hour for 9 holes is ridiculously fast anyway? I mean, in this group a 5 footer is a gimme, lol. I always bite my lip whenever I enter their scores for handicaps, because I know they aren't finishing the holes.

Considering the fact that they have to record scores for their hcp and playing in a group - yes 1 hour is ridiculously fast. Makes me almost wonder if they actually use their putters at all (do you walk or drive at the course?). I think my record was 1:10 as a twosome and a cart (for money so no gimmies) - no chance walking in that time or if somebody else is on the course.

I think this is one of the situations where you only can shake your head about these guys and dont mind them. My guess is these guys are "old members/regulars" who think they own the place and can do whatever they want unrespectful to other - esp. to newer members/regulars - on the course.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

While I agree that the 1:00 group should have priority to start on time, one thing you might want to consider is whether the 1:00 group might prefer that the earlier group play first. If the noon group is that fast, they would undoubtedly be on the heels of the 1:00 group the entire nine holes...

Note: This thread is 5780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!