IGNORED

The 'Official - Unofficial' (British) Open Championship thread

Anand
Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I feel bad for the guy...this can not help his self esteem. I was rooting for him to do well as I like to see him play more. Just a couple years ago he was battling tigers at Harding park in San Francisco.

Hope he keep his chin up. Go John!!

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 50 mph wind even playable? When do courses in the UK traditionally say enough is enough and delay play for wind related issues?

This should be a blast to watch!!! I love the major as it brings "the gods of golf" to human status. :) can't wait for the wind to come.

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

From what I've heard, 30mph winds will be pretty standard tomorrow, with gusts of up to 50mph more towards the afternoon side of things. Late starters (leaders) beware!

5 shots of a lead will count for little in these conditions.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• Administrator
it's not 'British Open' or (British) Open or any other connotation, but

You have your Open, we have ours. I'll call it the British Open all I please, thank you. Lots of Euros call The Masters "the U.S. Masters" because there are plenty of other "Masters" tournaments, and I'm not going to complain about that. Same with the "U.S. PGA."

Great golf today. I'm rooting for Norman to win it. He can play five more years at Augusta National if he wins, right? Daly +29? What a joke. Give up the game, dude.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm shocked that Ogilvy did not make the cut. Camilo Villegas and eight birdies? Wow, what a round. What can you say about David Duval? A great, two days. The weekend should be interesting.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Camillo making 5 straight birdies on the back nine to shoot 65, you can bet no one will beat that unless the weather changes.. unreal.

Id like to see Norman or Duval make a come back. Or Rocco show the US open wasnt a fluke.

Id say Porage Harrington has a good chance to defend cause he's used to crappy weather and has a strong ballflight (plus he looks to be swinging great right now). Who knows, we might see Sergio Vs. Padraig 2 this year.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I really hope Duval or Mediate win. I'd be so happy.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Hope Norman can stay in the hunt, would be cool for him to get another major during is honeymoon. Maybe if he relaxed a little more in his prime...who knows?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Is 50 mph wind even playable? When do courses in the UK traditionally say enough is enough and delay play for wind related issues?

The BBC webcast tells us that the tournament referee says if there are a 'considerable number' of balls moving about, they will stop play while the wind is too strong.

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

Go KJ Choi and Greg Norman!!!

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

That 10th hole is insane. Also, putting is so critical right now. I think I just saw three or four blown 3 footers.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Administrator
Greg Norman FTW!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was up there on thursday, you have no idea how hard that course is playing, there were no birdie chances on day 1, camillo's round was unbelievable on that course.

Hardest holes - 6th Seen John Daly hit a driver into the green, narrowly missing a bunch of fans on the mound to the right of the fairway bunker, like were talking metres from there head.

1st is unbelievably tight

11th tee shot was mind blowing.

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Greg Norman FTW!

I agree. I wanted to Duval but now I'd like to see him win.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
Live Blog (follow along, post comments):
http://thesandtrap.com/pga/2008_brit...ound_live_blog

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!