IGNORED

The 'Official - Unofficial' (British) Open Championship thread

Anand
Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The play by the 20 year old Amatuer Wood was impressive as well. When Anythony Kim gets that putter under control he's going to be a monster in the near future. Leading the field in GiR, just amazing.

MacGregor MACTEC NVG2 8.5* Driver
MacGregor UT2 NVG2
Taylormade VSteel 3W
Cobra IH300 3-PW
Nike SV 56* SWNike SV 50* GWOdyssey 2ball PutterTitleist Pro V1x

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The play by the 20 year old Amatuer Wood was impressive as well. When Anythony Kim gets that putter under control he's going to be a monster in the near future. Leading the field in GiR, just amazing.

yeah, i heard the stat. 1st in GIR, 2nd to last in putts.

if a couple of those had gone in, man

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

no, roberto divicenzo

yes him too :) .....I was only referring to this weekend since she just did it.

cheers
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

norman may not be such a good closer when it comes to a major but he sure does know how to close on the hot babes! chris evert, what a catch!!!

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Paddy closed the show. That 5W on 17 followed by the eagle was mighty impressive. Great performance.

The shot of the tournament, 275 yards with a 40mile an hour cross wind to 5 ft. Now that was a golf shot .Well done Padraig and to all the golfers who gave us an great tournament in very testing conditions.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Anybody just see that interview with Phil?

Phil's got the Bridgestone, PGA, and Playoff events all coming up, not to mention the Ryder Cup. I don't think he played all that poorly considering what a flop (no pun intended) he's been at the British over the years. I think with all the time he's devoted to his full swing that he's neglected the flatstick a little bit. People seem to forget that he is still in the midst of making major alterations to his swing and thus the lack of success in the majors so far this season.

even though padraig won, i think it would of been better if padraig wouldn't of played and let his wrist mend. who knows what further damage he did to it threatening his future in golf?

I guess he'll have to miss the next year or so following ligament surgery. I can't believe how he was able to swing so well considering the noticeble pain he was in all week. Also, his familiarity with the course didn't hurt, plus those unbelievably lucky lies in the rough that he seemed to get all week didn't hurt either. Wait a second....I'm thinking of someone else.

Even though I don't really like Padraig Harrington, he's a good guy, and congrats to him...he played well.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Am I the only one that finds it jarring when Padraig opens his mouth and speaks? The voice that comes out doesn't sound like it goes with his body. It's like some caricature, or parody of a leprechaun.

Honestly, I've heard lots of Irish accents but his sounds like an bad actor doing an Irish accent. Just me?

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Am I the only one that finds it jarring when Padraig opens his mouth and speaks? The voice that comes out doesn't sound like it goes with his body. It's like some caricature, or parody of a leprechaun.

That's one thing that just irritates me about him...that's why I'm not really a fan. It's just everything about him. He's very boring to watch (just in my opinion, I'm sure there are many fans out there, and hes a good player no doubt about it) but he is very boring to watch in the fact he doesn't take too many chances and he plays everything by the book type style...not really any crazy shots.

I have a hard time watching him, which is why when Norman played terrible on the front nine, and early into the 2nd nine, I stopped watching and went out and played a round of golf myself...I couldn't bare to grind through watching another 6 or 7 holes of Padraig Harrington in the lead.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

That's one thing that just irritates me about him...that's why I'm not really a fan. It's just everything about him. He's very boring to watch (just in my opinion, I'm sure there are many fans out there, and hes a good player no doubt about it) but he is very boring to watch in the fact he doesn't take too many chances and he plays everything by the book type style...not really any crazy shots.

Nick Faldo-esque?

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I'd just like to give some quick props to Ernie Els. After a horrific opening round he made the cut on the number and came back for a T7 finish. Aside from Harrington, he was the only player in the field with multiple sub-par rounds. Way to hang in there, Ernie!

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

not a big fan of the british open, i think the courses rival any muni course here in the states with their hard pan fairways and greens. the ocean and seaside courses are a plus plus but golf in scotland is falling behind the evolution of the game. donald trump (of scottish descent) is making a bid to return the game to its greatness there but so far his efforts are being blocked by puny minded enviros despite the mandate of the people that he succeed.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

not a big fan of the british open, i think the courses rival any muni course here in the states with their hard pan fairways and greens. the ocean and seaside courses are a plus plus but golf in scotland is falling behind the evolution of the game.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

not a big fan of the british open, i think the courses rival any muni course here in the states with their hard pan fairways and greens. the ocean and seaside courses are a plus plus but golf in scotland is falling behind the evolution of the game. donald trump (of scottish descent) is making a bid to return the game to its greatness there but so far his efforts are being blocked by puny minded enviros despite the mandate of the people that he succeed.

what are you smoking?

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

what are you smoking?

Something more than just

ganja , that's for sure...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

Lol, oh dear.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

The ignorance of that assertion is truely mindblowing have you ever played one of the Open rota courses ? As for Donald Trump the one course of his I have played in the States was awful and you can keep his revolution staeside thank you very much.

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!