IGNORED

Poor Jerry Kelly...

pjsnyc
Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

everyone plays the same course

i don't think norman was one of the longest out there, and he did fine (until sunday)

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I see nothing wrong with the emotion that Jerry Kelly displayed over the Open conditions......I mean Jerry Kelly has always reminded me of a guy you'd see at your local course living it up in the Bar and having a great time (the weekend golfer sort of say).....

Please:

1) Tiger wouldn't ever say anything along the lines Jerry Kelly said. 2) Even if he did, I would give him just as much grief.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

No matter what they do, the wind is going to make it easier for the long hitters.

Ding Ding Ding!!! Finally someone who gets it. If they move the tees up a little, then Kelly maybe breaks 80, and everyone elses scores get a little better as well. So he's still way behind, what's the difference?

He can't play links golf and that sucks for him. Don't bitch about it, know your game and just stay home next time, like Kenny Perry did.

i agree with jerrykelly, hard is one thing but the course should not be set up to unfairly punish the shorter hitters so they can't at least reach the fairway, like at bethpage a few years ago where corey pavin couldn't even reach the fairway with his driver which guaranteed he wouldn't be in contention

Again....So you are going to change the entire course set up so a few guys like Corey Pavin might have a chance? He will still finish way back because now you just made the course really easy for the longer hitters who will tear the course apart.

It's like the discussion about making the hole smaller to keep scores reasonably near par, doesn't matter it's just a score, the better putters will still be the better putters. You can't change a course just to keep a few guys in it, especially a guy who is almost 50 years old and a ridiculously short hitter.

Ding Ding Ding!!! Finally someone who gets it. If they move the tees up a little, then Kelly maybe breaks 80, and everyone elses scores get a little better as well. So he's still way behind, what's the difference?

Though it should be said that Kenny Perry does hit it a mile.

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

that's why they are complaining, cuz they do it for a living

you didnt take my entire quote into consideration. they dont have "real jobs" like the rest of the world. for example, being a club pro at the local muny is real job, just like being a teacher, construction worker, lawyer... playing on the PGA tour isnt a real job, and he really shouldnt be whining. JMHO.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you don't get it, the point isn't to move up the tees and make the course shorter but move back the fairways

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

playing on the PGA tour isnt a real job, and he really shouldnt be whining. JMHO.

pga tour is fantasy?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Again....So you are going to change the entire course set up so a few guys like Corey Pavin might have a chance? He will still finish way back because now you just made the course really easy for the longer hitters who will tear the course apart.

corey pavin will beat the long hitters on a long course. he won the open at shinecock with his driver and 5 wood which gets him on the long par 4's. just give him a chance to reach the fairway on his drive and not in thick rough with his best tee shot.

the placement of the fairway is an arbitrary call by the greens committee and does not change the nature of the course

Please:

please: what are you Tigers pal or something that you know his every thought? have you ever heard of comparing something? I mean don't take everything to heart Bro. people are giving Kelly grief cause he's a middle of the road golfer who basically had no chance to win the Open anyways, and him stating this proves it...though once again I have nothing against what he stated personally

please:

If the past is any indication of the present and future, then yes - I believe he wouldn't say anything remotely close to what Jerry Kelly said. I wouldn't say I know his every thought (I wish I did - Elin is hot!).

Also (if I'm not mistaken) I started this thread to point out what JERRY KELLY said - not to make a comparison between him and Tiger. Jerry Kelly happens to be one of my favorites on tour, so I guess I was a bit disappointed when I heard him during the interviews.

Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!