IGNORED

Poor Jerry Kelly...

pjsnyc
Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...did anyone hear his comments about the conditions? Here are a few quotes.

“If that is the way they want it, they are not going to have 50-60 per cent of the field playing to win" “Use some common sense, but they [R&A;] didn't. They were trying to embarrass people. It was obvious what was coming, it was going to be 20-30mph [winds] and raining. There is no need to do that. They played every single tee back.” "They've put themselves right in the same league with the USGA at Shinnecock" "They knew what was coming. We knew what was coming yesterday. Four greens I couldn't reach. Three fairways I couldn't reach. I can't hit it far enough. This is a great golf course. You can't mess it up, except for the tees."

Can't really blame him for venting after shooting an 83...what do you guys think? Also, are the Thursday morning/Friday afternoon guys screwed?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I completely disagree with everything he said. Never really thought he was the whining type but I guess I'm wrong. It's a major championship, it's supposed to be difficult. Hell, 50 yro Greg Norman seems to be handling it fine. If Jerry Kelly can't hit it far enough that's his problem. Stay home next time.

In every major it seems like someone is saying that the setup is too difficult, usually after they post a bad round, go figure.

I completely disagree with everything he said. Never really thought he was the whining type but I guess I'm wrong. It's a major championship, it's supposed to be difficult. Hell, 50 yro Greg Norman seems to be handling it fine. If Jerry Kelly can't hit it far enough that's his problem. Stay home next time.

Right on the money.

Kelly's probably fed-up that his missus is lying on by the pool in Florida sipping cocktails while he's playing LINKS golf.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Jerry Kelly has lost a lot of respect from me after those comments.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed by his comments. I used to like him so much more! Can only hope he will redeem himself today...

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seems like they are whinging too me, plenty of players are doing well and imo the course is not set up unplayable.

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Why? I agree with him. He shouldn't be able to reach fairways and greens because he can't hit it far enough. They shouldn't make the course ridiculous, it's stupid and unfair...and it's not even enjoyable for the players.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Why? I agree with him. He shouldn't be able to reach fairways and greens because he can't hit it far enough. They shouldn't make the course ridiculous, it's stupid and unfair...and it's not even enjoyable for the players.

The only thing not enjoyable is the weather, and on what authority are you saying the course is ridiculous, the R&A; have approved this years set up, and that's enough justification for me to say that the course is fair.

Seems to me its setup the same for everyone...

Never heard of course changes because of the wind..

09 Burner 9.5* Stiff

.......MP 001 3w Stiff
.......CLK FLI-HI 3(20*) & 4(23*) Hybrids
.......4-PW MP60 DGSL 300's Stiff SVT 52* Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 54* Wedge CG10 Black Pearl 60* Wedge XG White Hot #1 Putter ProV1, Prov1x, NXT Tour Aerolite III Stand

The only thing not enjoyable is the weather, and on what authority are you saying the course is ridiculous, the R&A; have approved this years set up, and that's enough justification for me to say that the course is fair.

And who are you to say that it's fair? Obviously if the players aren't having an enjoyable time out there with the terrible weather conditions, they could at least bring the tees up so we can see some decent scores out there...I don't want to watch a major championship where some of the best players in the world (Mickelson) are shooting 80's.

Seems to me its setup the same for everyone...

Why not? If it's 30 mph winds it's ridiculous to think that they shouldn't make some sort of changes to accomadate the players a little until the very bad weather and strong winds hold up a little bit.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

And who are you to say that it's fair? Obviously if the players aren't having an enjoyable time out there with the terrible weather conditions, they could at least bring the tees up so we can see some decent scores out there...I don't want to watch a major championship where some of the best players in the world (Mickelson) are shooting 80's.

Well it seems the R&A; doesn't think the same.

09 Burner 9.5* Stiff

.......MP 001 3w Stiff
.......4-PW MP60 DGSL 300's Stiff SVT 52* Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 54* Wedge CG10 Black Pearl 60* Wedge XG White Hot #1 Putter ProV1, Prov1x, NXT Tour Aerolite III Stand

Well it seems the R&A; doesn't think the same.

Oh, really?

Dawson said Saturday's brutal winds could mean a move to the member tees on No. 11 -- about a 50-yard difference in distance. To the R&A;, that's like crying, "Uncle." And then there's the doomsday scenario. "If the wind is as colossal as that, you wonder if we can play at all," Dawson said. --ESPN.COM Read this article. Look at what the players are saying. It's unenoyable for them - not the way a Major championship should be imo. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...&sportCat;=golf

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

And who are you to say that it's fair? Obviously if the players aren't having an enjoyable time out there with the terrible weather conditions, they could at least bring the tees up so we can see some decent scores out there...I don't want to watch a major championship where some of the best players in the world (Mickelson) are shooting 80's...If it's 30 mph winds it's ridiculous to think that they shouldn't make some sort of changes to accomadate the players a little until the very bad weather and strong winds hold up a little bit.

If they moved the tees up a bit for the morning people that complained about the weather, wouldn't that still put those in the afternoon tee times at an advantage? I guess I don't understand how moving the tees up would make it more fair for everyone. It's the weather that is making it difficult and as we all know - one of the big aspects of this sport is none other than luck.

I cannot believe I just read that. I love it when these guys whine. It is very often that these a-holes forget the fact that they are being paid to play golf. Complaining about the weather and that he cannot reach greens/fairways, sounds like a personal problem to me.

Hey Jerry, don't worry little buddy you won't have to spend too much more time out there. Your stellar 83 pretty much guaranteed yourself a Friday afternoon flight home. Don't forget to change your tampon before the flight.................

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

Oh, really?

I read that already..good article actually.

Well I just looked at the leaderboard and the scores are even or over par...majors are supposed to be hard right? And the British is usually nasty as far as weather goes. Set the course up hard, if mother nature makes it harder, so be it.

09 Burner 9.5* Stiff

.......MP 001 3w Stiff

I cannot believe I just read that. I love it when these guys whine. It is very often that these a-holes forget the fact that they are being paid to play golf. Complaining about the weather and that he cannot reach greens/fairways, sounds like a personal problem to me.

Agreed..and the tampon line..hahahahaha!

09 Burner 9.5* Stiff

.......MP 001 3w Stiff

majors are supposed to be hard

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!